Chapter 2

After having a rather explosive first meeting, a series of mutants somewhat reluctantly agreed to work together to get rid of the regular human caught in a serious wrong time, wrong place scenario by dumping his unconscious body in the back alley. Afterwards they all banded together again to listen to what the sender of the messages has to say.

Oliver Lancaster, a lanky, ginger haired scientist who worked for the MDOs on negating mutant abilities, and also the mysterious sender of the text messages, revealed that his twin sister and science partner, Andrea has been taken by their MDO supervisors.

It wouldn't have been anyone else's business if Andrea herself hadn't been a mutant with a startlingly dangerous ability to locate other mutants.

Oliver explained the situation in nervous tones, knowing that the mutants around him had no reason to trust him, especially considering he was a main reason that the MDOs were so effective against mutants in this day and age. He displayed the files he salvaged from his sister's lab, which carry details on each of the mutants in the coffee shop: Sapphire, Felix, Ash, Xeno, Jack, Ivan, and Jax.

"Andrea placed your files in a stack away from any other mutant." Oliver reiterated, "If anyone can save her and stop the MDOs from creating a mass mutant hunting machine, it has to be you guys."

In the background, Chance LaMay, Oliver's faithful best friend and the cashier at the coffee shop, cleaned up the mess made from exploding coffee cups and iced over tables while providing as a lookout for any MDOs.

Despite all this, it seems that neither party truly trusts one another.

The night draws on.

***

Start the Main Chain here :)