Chapter 14

It's a good plan. Considering the circumstances, the plan was a great one.

Split up into two teams: one to take on the alien ship, to stop the destruction before the whole city is deleted off the face of the earth, One team to salvage the city, protect the citizens wether they be humans or mutants.

The morning air bleeds with smoke from raging fires that terrorize the shattered glass skyscrapers. Screams play on repeat, the background noise for the sound track of the end of the world. Familiar streets look like other worlds-- cloaked in red light of suspicious liquids, blithering heats, overturned cars and limbs....just limbs.

It's a massacre.

Ivan, Xeno, Sapphire, Noah, and Jack can only watch from above, with the cool breezes ripping their clothes. Felix's birds don't deter, even when their passageners cry out, when they vomit at the sights, when the spaceship looms just before them pulsing with blue light. They only pause-- only panic when a single yellow beam of light explodes from the ruins below them...and misses Jack by barely an inch.

It doesn't miss the bird carrying her.

Back in the clearing, Zara leads the rest of the group-- Blind Felix, Jax, Ash, and the survivng MDOs, in to the forest around them. They leave Chance sitting with Andrea's cold corpse and the unearthed ruins of the MDO HQ.

They move fast, but before they get anywhere near the outskirts of town, Zara stops abruptly, with an arm raised to stop her crew.

"Something's not--"

Before the rest of the sentence get out, the ground under her turns to liquid and she's pludged downwards without time to even scream. The rest of the group however has no problem watching (or in Felix's case, hearing) a laughing group of mutants step from the trees around them.

***

Flying group start chain here!

Ground group start chain here!