T W E N T Y - F O U R

Mingyu...bro...chill. wut ur deal...

T W E N T Y - FOUR

"Yeah mom it's great here."
"Of course I have."
"Mocha is good. He is happy to be alone most the day."
"Yes mom."
"No mom."
"School is good. I have a concert in January"
"Yeah I guess it's a pretty big deal."
"A lot of Korean celebrities attend it."

This is how you and your mother's conversation usually went. Although it was only your second phone call since you arrived. You both had been busy and nether had time to talk much.

Your little twin siblings Alex and Sara, had started middle school and few months back and your mom told you all about it.

"I wish you where here sweetie. Alex and Sara and really miss you."

"I know I wish I was too." You sigh picking at you ramen with your chopsticks.

"Thanksgiving won't be the same without you...Are you sure you can't come back?" Your mother's voice on the other side was heavy and you had been wondering if she was feeling alright. "Yeah. I can't. I'm really sorry." You apologize "It's alright. That's what we get for letting you go to college across the world." She blew her nose "Are feeling okay mom?" You asked concerned. "Oh. It's nothing but a little cold. I promise."

You knew she wasn't telling the truth. Your mother was a very strong woman and didn't let anything take her down. But she had been sick for the past few years and her health didn't seem to be getting better.

"Oh. I have to let you go sweetie. Matthew just got back from school. I need to talk to him before he leaves for work." You nod understandingly Alright mom. Tell everyone I love them"

"Okay Y/N. I love you. Ba-bye" her voice said before she hung up.

You threw your head back. You missed your family and friends a lot. And you probably won't see them anytime soon.
Speaking of friends....
Your phone lit up with a notification.
It was Jennie.
You haven't talked with her in forever! How could you forgot about your best friend!?

|JenJenBae🐼🌼|

JenJenBae🐼🌼: aeyo

You: Hey what's up!

JenJenBae🐼🌼: Nothing much, just school and work

You: We haven't talked in forever gurl!

JenJenBae🐼🌼: ikr!

JenJenBae🐼🌼: I miss you so much!

You: I miss you too😘

You: How is Yale?

JenJenBae🐼🌼: What do you think?

You:Idk

JenJenBae🐼🌼: It's Yale. Although I wish it was Hogwarts...😐

You: Same.

JenJenBae🐼🌼: How is your school? Did you make any friends?

You: Well school is good, and I did make a few friends.

JenJenBae🐼🌼: How many?