13

>>>>>>Kind of modern day St. Mungos hospital>>>>>>

The scraping of metal wheels, the rapidity of footsteps, the haste in a dozen voices

The scraping of metal wheels, the rapidity of footsteps, the haste in a dozen voices. All at once, these simple sounds erupt into chaos.
-"Overdose on antihistamines, Doctor. Possibly an attempt at suicide." An older, blonde, plump nurse runs alongside the group. They wheel the dying boy into a small and comfy room.
Draco battles to gain consciousness. The sickly boy's eyelids flutter open and shut. He struggles to keep his eyes from rolling towards the back of his head.

"Beepbeepbeepbeepbeep." A series of beeps sound from a monitor that has been attached to Draco's finger. Blackness overtakes Draco's vision. He fails to keep himself awake.
-"His heart rate is dangerously high. We need to get him hydrated and try to flush out the medication." States the doctor. A nurse scurries out of the room, in search of the materials.
"If we don't get his heart rate under control, he could have a heart attack." The doctor looks up at a man with black, greasy hair. Since Severus Snape is Draco's Godfather, he felt it was his responsibility to be here. The professor has always been a better father to Draco than Lucius himself.
-"Right now" The doctor pauses, looking at the boy. "Being that we caught him in such a late stage, it is almost certain that he will suffer a heart attack. I'll try my best, but it is just about 100% guaranteed. Unfortunately, since he is so young, surviving a heart attack is slim. If he does somehow survive, it is likely that he will suffer from brain damage. I wish I could tell you that he will come out of this the same, but I would just be giving you false hope." The nurse returns with a syringe filled with a liquid. The graying doctor lifts the syringe to Draco's upper arm, while the nurse ties off the area above the injection site. Carefully, the doctor penetrates the boy's skin, injecting him with the medicine.
-"Hopefully, this will do something. I'm really counting on a miracle, Mr. Snape. There is nothing we can do but monitor his condition. There are no known potions or spells that were prepared for this specific incident. I've done all I know to do." The doctor looks at the man sympathetically before leaving the room.
Severus looks at the boy with the question, "Why would he do this?" swimming non stop through his thoughts.

>>>>>>>>>scene change>>>>>>>>>>>

Headmaster's office