14

"I can't do it." I pace.

"You have to." My Godfather consoles me exasperatedly. If given the choice, I'd immediately choose to have succeeded in killing myself rather than reentering Hogwarts' doors after failing to do just that. I'm sure that Myrtle has been gossiping to the ghosts and portraits all about everything that happened. I don't even know all of what happened. I'd rather not know all of the events that took place. I don't want to relive it. I don't have knowledge of who discovered my lifeless body or who carried me to the hospital. All I know is that I'm being forced to drag myself through those two towering wooden doors, and walk amoungst the very people who made me feel the need to do what I had done nearly a week ago.

My heart is knocking on my chest and I begin struggling to catch my breath. I wave my hands at Snape as he desperately tries to calm me down. My thoughts scramble. I won't be able to look my boyfriend in the face. I just can't do it. What will he say? Will he even want to speak to me at all? I tried to abandon him. I selfishly attempted to leave him behind. I can't. What if he doesn't want to be with me anymore? Maybe he's decided that I am just far too much for him to handle. I'd understand completely. He rightfully should leave. I'm toxic.

"Draco, it'll be alright." My greasy Godfather makes his best attempt at reassurance. I shoot an anxiety-filled glare forward, and clutch my right hand in my left. Maybe he's right. Should I be worrying this much? I know that Harry's been told about my actions, but what about everyone else? Do they know? I suppose there's only one way to find out. I take my first step forward.