FOUR WALLS (2/2)

❝ she painted his roses red ❞
a mad hatter spin-off

❝ she painted his roses red ❞a mad hatter spin-off

you are my penicillin
you saved me

. . .

14th of December, 10:26 am
(thursday)

She didn't come out of her room today.

I couldn't wait for Tuesday to find out.

19th of December, 10:01 am
(tuesday)

There was no one in her room. Her clothes were properly folded on top of her bed, and it looked so clean as if no one's been staying there for a few days.

21st of December, 11:03 am
(thursday)

Still, she wasn't there.

2nd of January, 9:57 am
(tuesday)

"Taehyung?" The guard opened my door a little and wondered why I wasn't coming out lately.

I was lying on the floor, hugging myself in melancholy, feeling so empty inside.

"Where is she? I want to see her"

The guard took me to another building, I could hear screams of pain and chairs being electrocuted. In one of the rooms, there she was, leaning on a clean white wall.

A white gown was hanging on her body, her ash gray hair was dyed in pitch black, yet her eyes still twinkled the same.

When the locks clicked, I ran into the room and wrapped her around my arms.

Tears fell heavily from my eyes, my heart pounded twice as fast when she secured my body to an embrace.

"You scared me! I thought I would never see you again"

"You..." She lightly spoke. It was the first time I heard her and it felt so good. Her voice resonated in my ears, forming music to my aching heart.

I loosened the embrace and cupped her cheeks. Her eyes were deeper than the ocean if I don't blink I might drown.

"I love you and I don't even know your name" I chuckled shyly.

"Nari"

"Taehyung"

"I—I love you too, Taehyung"

I buried my lips into hers. Her arms tightened around my waist, making me go in for more.

I swear I'd do anything for her.

14th of February, 11:58 pm
(wednesday)

"You didn't have to do that" She closed his diary and clutched it on her hands and hugged it close to her chest

"You didn't have to take the punishment for my crime", she let out a scream and threw herself on her bed, crying for the love she lost.

She couldn't read his diary any further. Leaving only one entry left, she ripped it off and kept the copy inside her pocket so she could break her heart over again the next day.

3rd of January, 1:04 am
(wednesday)
(the last entry)

I'm sorry Nari but I have to do this.

You have no idea how happy you made me despite the absence of hearing your voice. But then I only had to see you, don't you know how good that feels?

I have committed a crime that I believe was bigger than yours and I have to pay for it.

I think it's unfair that you get a death sentence for attempting to murder your drunkard father, but I, who killed his own friend because of sudden emotions gets a long time to live.

Thank you for keeping me sane, thank you for showing me that imperfections could still be beautiful. You made the rest of my days worth living.

Now, please do me a favor and make the rest of your life the best you could ever have.

You're worth it. I love you.

종료
(end)