십칠 : then there was one

the normals, they make me afraid

K I M    ?
O  N  J  K  S  ?

. . .

"Yugyeom, Nari's dead" without saying goodbye, he dropped the call.

It almost seemed as though his world stopped turning upon hearing this news. The last time he saw his sister, she despised him so much. He wasn't even able to make her understand, nor let her know that he still cares.

Rushing to the morgue, her body lying on a bed covered by thin cloth flashed before him.

"It's — that's — that's her, right?" he could barely speak. It has come to the point that he couldn't hold his tears back anymore, he lifted the cloth and he instantly looked away. He couldn't bear to see his only sister lifeless.

"I'm sorry, N—Nari. I'm really, really sorry" a lot of time was wasted, he was remorseful of her death. She's his little sister he was supposed to protect.

Too late now, the damage was done. He left the place with a heavy heart. Condolences greeted him back in the station, the report that the 'oh-so-great' chief deputy has a sister in Daegu's famous hospital for the criminally insane spread like a wildfire. And not only that, a mysterious criminal has come back from the dead.

Problems don't seem to end for him though, inside the interrogation room, a mournful lad was waiting.

"Sir, I'm sorry if th—" one of the officers bravely approached him.

"Don't be sorry. I'm—I'm fine"

"Sir, someone's waiting for you in the interrogation room"

Yugyeom, thinking that it was just another ordinary criminal, went inside without preparing himself. No, he's not fine and he needs to vent his feelings out or else...

"You?! You're al—"

Before he could ask, a punch landed on his face. Taehyung picked him up from the ground and threw another jab on his nose, causing it to bleed. The young chief deputy couldn't find the strength to fight back, he was caught off-guard.

"You made her do this! F.uck you!" he screamed while he senselessly hit the chief's face, cornering him on the wall.

"I. Hate. You! I loved her, you monster! You killed her! You killed your sister!"

And that's when the young man fought back. He didn't mean it, he didn't kill her. He was just doing his job, this is not his fault.