십구 : then there was none

to the Looking-Glass world, it was Alice that said

J E O N J U N G K O O K
S ?

. . .

News flash: A young chief deputy was found dead inside the interrogation room of Daejeon police station. According to the police, he was left alone in the room with a criminal who was charged with murder, Kim Taehyung. The infamous criminal killed himself after the said incident.

Jungkook walked over the kitchen and opened the fridge to get a carton of milk while the news played on the television. There's no wonder Taehyung never called him back nor returned from the Fort, that crazy little thing called 'love' killed him again.

"He never listened to me. I told him he would die but he didn't listen to me," he mumbled to himself as he took what he needed inside the fridge to carry on his arms.

While he was doing so, a pale young boy walked cautiously from the back door to the kitchen area. He safely grabbed a knife and stood behind the younger.

Jungkook closed the fridge and hopped straight to the couch, the pending danger still crawling behind him.

One more body and it's over, the strange man promised himself. It may interest you who this vengeful man could be but remember that through the looking-glass, nothing is what it seems. Everything may confuse you now but sooner or later it will all make sense.

The stranger's footsteps approached closer and closer to the boy. The audio of the television surrounded the small space he's living in. Noticing he has drunk all the milk from the carton, he stood up to get more. The stranger behind him shifted his feet to avoid the boy's range of sight.

The curtains were shut close and the only thing providing a proper lighting to the area is the television and the small table lamp beside the couch. Just as he was on his way back to the kitchen, he noticed a dark form following him — a haunted shadow.

Like a hellhound waiting to devour another soul sold to the devil, the stranger secured the knife in his hands. He killed two of his offenders and now he's come to collect the last body. He somehow became a reaper of the damned that came into reality.

Jungkook stopped on his foot and observed the shadow getting larger and larger as if it was approaching him from behind. Alarmed and fearful, he was. Before he could think of running away, a sharp blade impaled his whole body.

"Surprise..." the killer hissed as he slid the knife out and thrust it back in, earning him a groan from the boy.

"I like the sound you make when you moan" he punctured the knife one last time before releasing him, finally. The younger dropped on the ground as blood rushed to escape his stab wounds.

He winced in pain as he tried to move his body. The stranger enjoyed watching him like a circus show. He turned on the lights, giving Jungkook a good view of his face.

"Hello" he greeted gruffly.

"Y—you..?"

"Yes, me. How does it feel to be the one lying on the ground? swimming in your own blood? hmm?"

"I will k—kill y—you" Jungkook glared at him, struggling to crawl to his feet.

"Kill me?" the stranger laughed maniacally.

He hunkered down, swaying the knife in front of him, "but you failed once already, do you want to try your luck again this time?"

He threw the knife beside Jungkook, offering him the chance to attack him. Except, the life of the boy was fading slowly. The last thing he saw before his last breath was the eyes of the man coldly staring at him.

"Jeon Jungkook, you're not as tough as you claim yourself to be"

. . .

O

N

J

K

S

ㅡ///ㅡ
A/N;

The prequel of Mad Hatter is also hidden inside this book.

Are you strong enough to read it?