이십 : ever drifting down the stream

"i've a sceptre in hand, i've a crown on my head"

. . .

— National Centre for Mental Health;

"Hoseok, you've been silent lately. Are you not telling me something?" the psychiatrist asked the man staring into nothingness before her.

"Hoseok?" desperate for his attention, she tapped the table twice. He finally looked at her with fear covering his skin.

"Th—they're d—dead.." the muscles of his chin tremble and he gazed toward the window, as if the sunshine could soothe him.

"Who are dead? What are y—"

"Nobody attended by tea party, Eunji. Everyone's de—"

"Hoseok, I'm not—"

"SHUT UP!!" he got up from his seat and slammed his fist down onto the table. The doctor's eyes widened at the sudden reaction of the man. A few seconds later, he started crying like an infant and threw tantrums around the room.

"Nobody attended my party..nobody attended my party.. nobody atten—"

"Hoseok, calm down"

"I don't have friends anymore" he snarled more than spoke. Crouching on the corner of the room, he wrapped his arms around his knees while he repeatedly called for each of them. The psychiatrist looked at him with pity. He's gone completely mad, she thought.

"They're not dead, Hoseok. Do you want to visit the Hatter?" she asked as if making a Wonderland reference is just as normal as saying Hi's and Hello's.

"the Hatter? no, no, n—no Alice will get mad at me"

"Why will she get mad at you?"

"Cuz I—I forced him, and Alice, she—she wants the Hatter for herself. Everyone wanted the Hatter for themselves—" then there was long pause in his words. He backed his head a little farther from the psychiatrist until it leans on the wall behind him. His lips parted as if his mind figured something out, causing them to push an intriguing smile on his face. What he said seems to have filled his mind with ideas—only he doesn't know what they are.

"Hobi? Are you alright?"

"Let's do it, let's visit the Hatter"

—hospital;

Hoseok, his psychiatrist, and a nurse came in the private room where Jimin has been peacefully sleeping. Unbeknownst to the young boy under the sheets, his friends are all gone, except for Hoseok.

This story could barely pass an ordinary mind's comprehension, how much more for someone who has completely no idea of what's happening while his eyes were closed.

Hoseok inched on his bed side and took his hand. The psychiatrist watched closely as her favorite patient fondled his treasured friend. The nurse, on the other hand, checked on the dosage running on the dextrose injection and left after doing so.

"Hi, Jiminie"

The woman dressed in all white stared in awe as her patient who was agitated an hour back turned into a harmless teddy bear just by the presence of his friend.

"See? There's nothing to worry about, he's alive" she brushed his hair. He looked up to her with a gleaming sinister smile. Whatever that meant, it surely sent a chill down her spine. He looked back at the younger and giggled as if he was communicating with him in a way she couldn't fathom.

"I think I know why he's not attending my tea parties"

She smirked upon hearing his claim. She thinks he's a psycho most certainly gone, how on Earth would he know a lot of information when he's trapped in the psychiatric hospital? Curiouser and curiouser, she was.

"Why?"

"Because he's been spending so much time with Jin. They still wouldn't tell me the secret, although I also think I've figured it out"

"How would you know, Hoseok? How do you know all these things, hmm?"

Entirely bonkers, he may seem, but there was assurance in his voice. He's too evil yet so sweet, like a drug, he's her addiction. The psychiatrist couldn't deny his worsening peculiar behavior, anyhow she was patient with him.

"Because I was present in that Halloween party. I heard them, I heard everything"

"Are you sure?" she asked. He stood up and glared at her. It was inconclusive what was running on his mind that time, but the moment he looked back at the younger, she understood that he was the answer.

"Why don't you ask him?"

"Hoseok, he's sleeping"

His inauspicious smile was back once again. His fingers lingered from the younger's cheek then to his arm until he made a stop on the back of his hand where the dextrose was injected, he lowered his back to whisper on his ear.

"I know you're awake"

Together with the smirk that instantly appeared on his lips,

Jimin's eyes finally opened.

. . .

O

N

J

K

S

E