십사 : welcome back to wonderland

you can be alice, i'll be the mad hatter

. . .

"Taehyung, what is it?" Jungkook nudged him while he sat peacefully on the sofa. He knew something was bothering the elder and while his personality is still dominated by John, he had to act as a father.

"Do you know why she was put in danger?"

"That girl? Nari?"

"Her brother put her there, that b.astard chief deputy. Why does he always come across my way?" His expressions started to harden, his fist curled into a ball. He loved her, you see? And it's funny how love could make us do stupid things.

A diary. That's all he left her before his supposed death. It hurts him that he couldn't run back to her and tell her he's much alive than the last time she saw him, he couldn't hold her and pull her close because he doesn't want to ruin the plan yet.

"You have to come with me tomorrow"

"Where?"

"You'll find out" he replied, followed by a sharp, deep breath. What's on your mind, Kim Taehyung?

or should I be more concerned to ask,

How are you even alive?

— hospital;

"It's been three weeks and he hasn't woken up yet? Is he even still alive?" Yugyeom gripped on the metal board on the foot of Jimin's hospital bed, his upper limb was supported by his slender arms acting as levers.

He walked beside the doctor to have a closer look of the poor boy lying on the bed. His bruises are slowly disappearing, his lips are not that pale anymore. The recovery of Park Jimin is very much anticipated by the young chief deputy because he is a solid evidence against the piling up criminal cases of Jungkook.

His attention however suddenly diverted to the mirror beside him. It's not as clear as before. There's something different about it, although it's a bit faded, a taint of red is visible.

"Yugyeom?" the doctor called out, stealing the focus of his mind.

"Yes?"

"Are you alright?"

"Yes, yes, I'm sorry"

The doctor pressed his stethoscope over Jimin's chest, examining every beat of his heart. He couldn't quite explain it himself—why the young man is still asleep. Lifting Jimin's hospital gown a little to check on his freshly stitched skin, Yugyeom couldn't help but realize, John is so much dangerous than all of them.

Jungkook — the maknae, the white queen, the split. Maybe he was the one who started it all, the brain behind the death of Jin, the one who...

might have killed his friends.

The chief deputy stood agape filled with perplexity. There are a lot of reasons flooding his mind,

perhaps that is the reason why he helped them escape,

perhaps he wanted to take them out one by one because they were the main reasons why he's on the run.

If he's the murderer of Namjoon then that could mean—

"Doc, I have to leave. I'll come back tomorrow, please take care of him!" Slamming the door of the room, he reached on his phone and dialed a number to reach the team in the station.

"Sir?"

"Min Yoongi is the next victim! Do you hear me? He's next! You need to find him NOW!" it wasn't long after he dropped the call, his phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hello, chief deputy"

"Who is this?"

"Min Yoongi is dead"

"Where did you get that information? Who are you?"

"You should check wonderland"

"Wonderland? Are you fu.cking insane?"

"Goodbye"

"Wait—!"

. . .

O

N

J