Chapter Five

It had been a long painful week in the hospital and there was no sign of Ahmad nor his mother , Baba didn't bother to look for him, Khadijah knew that he will not come , Ummie and Zee are waiting for him to show up so that they will pounce on him and ravage him to pieces.

" D you look better and I know you feel better too, stop wasting our time " Zee teased Khadijah as she was buttering her bread .

" I'm tired of this hospital bed  Zee, I just hope Dr Taheer will discharge me today" taking a bite , she offered it to Zee who politely declined saying she had eaten before coming , Ummie just left for home to cook lunch leaving Zee to keep her company , Baba left for the market. The two friends were talking about how life is treating Zee and her new boyfriend when Ahmad came into the room looking worn out and tattered,

Pointing an accusing finger directed at Khadijah he said " how dare you send men to beat me up Khadijah? When did you grow horns ?Who do you think you are ? By Allah am not going to divorce you, and you'll pay for what you've done in thousand folds, you should have known not to mess with me by now "

Khadijah was out of words and before she could think of a reply to give the crazy sleep deprived wounded psychopath before her Zee stood up.

" God bless whoever did this to you, if I can see them I'll definitely pay them for the services rendered pro bono, they were too lenient on you, left to me your head will be on a spike with flies swarming over it, and get the hell out of this place "

he held his hands up aiming to slap her when Khadijah held him off by clutching his wrist, seeing what almost happened. Zee gave Ahmad three resounding slaps he will never forget in his life , he was too shocked to react . Then Dr Taheer came in with a hard look on his face.
"What the flying potatoes are you doing here Ahmad? " He asked with a deadly expression.

" I came to see my wife obviously " Retorted Ahmad looking calm but a storm is brewing inside him.
" Get out of this hospital room right this instance, never show your face ever again "

" Have you forgotten that am your friend and she's my wife" he pointed at Khadijah who's fuming with anger, chest raising up and down ,heaving as if she's going to faint any moment.

" She isn't your wife right from the beginning Ahmad,sane people don't treat their wives the way you do, kindly get the hell out of here, go to the market or anywhere on this planet buy some sense, then come back and claim her to be yours "

with that being said he dragged him out of the room and the hospital , not sparing him with another glance .Right that instance, a certain someone in person of Zee had fallen in love, to her Taheer is a hero and he has succeeded in being number one on her good books, seeing the dreamy look on her friend's face , Khadijah smiled even though she's in no such condition to smile in the state that she's in.

" Yah ukhty he's off limits "

" I don't care "

" He's married with three devilish kids "

" I'm a devil too ,it will be a happy family of devils "

" He beats women too "

" That's a lie on your part "

" He loves his wife soo much "

" I love him way more "

Unfortunately for them Taheer heard their conversation,not wanting to embarrass the ladies , he left to his office ,he wanted to discharge her but he feared that she will go back to Ahmad's house , he has done it twice ,who knows what he's going to do to the poor lady ? He admired her strength and patience , she looked troubled but tactfully veiled her woes with a smile , her friend is like fire so they make a perfect combination of fire and ice ,thinking of what he heard her say ,he adjusted his tie with a smile , how on earth did Khadijah came up with his marriage and devilish kids, with a light chuckle he left to the ward for his afternoon round.