Chapter Ten

New cover by my mintin zuciya and mai suna Humayrah_Gurama Allah baki miji nagari kaman Taseer lol.

This chapter is dedicated to my avid reader phatoomah thanks a bunch durleen your comments always makes my day , her favorite character is Zee !!!

Some people find happiness in the idea of either being rich, some find it in the love they get from family and friends, some in the things they are passionate about, some in their religion, some in their profession and others in helping those in need but right now Khadijah's happiness lies solely on her two adorable kids.

It is not easy being a young mother of two with no experience with kids whatsoever but Khadijah is doing a good job of it and thankfully Ihsan is quite most of the times it's Ilham that's giving her headache.

She tucked Ilham in her coat and then got up to perform ablution ,it was 3am in the morning .She threw a wrapper over her nightie and faced the qiblah to offer her nafl prayers which she's now used to .

She raised her hands in supplication and prayed for lasting peace, she asked for Allah's choice in her life, she prayed for strength and fortitude , she prayed for Taqwah and she prayed for her kids, she also prayed for Ahmad. For Allah to guide him to the light and if he's not going to change for Allah to bring an end to their marriage in a subtle peaceful way .

If there's anything she hate in her life is fighting and exchanging cuss words, she's someone who never like the idea of keeping malice or a grudge . She finally get off the mat after praying 2 raka'ats at dawn and then subh before finally going back to bed only for her slumber to be interrupted by Ihsan's cries.

She opened her eyes with so much effort just to see that it's already past 9am , she didn't know she had slept this much, muttering a prayer she got up and picked the baby, rocking her on her shoulders before sitting on the edge of the bed to feed her .

" Good morning sleeping beauty, I'm glad you're awake , Mommy had been calling you since " Ummie greeted .

" I hope all is well Ummie, I will call her with my phone right away " she dialled Mommy's number who picked at the second ring.

Khadijah wanted to tease Mommy but the sound of her voice cut her off and she sobered up .

" Khadijah Afreen is really sick, I'm afraid she might die and she keeps calling your name saying she is not going to eat anything "

" Yahsalam what happened to her Mommy ? Please give her the phone I'll try and make her eat ,inna lillahi in shaa Allah she will be well again stop saying she might die mommy"

Afreen is too weak to even lift a finger, Mommy held the phone to her ears .

" Afreen habibty how are you feeling now ?" Khadijah asked and the girl couldn't even answer .

" I will come see you soon in shaa Allah dearie but before then I need you to do something for me , eat and take your drugs don't give Jaddatie a hard time and be a good girl to your nanny". Still there was no answer ,the girl is sulking from the other end.

" Ihsan and Ilham will cry if you refuse to eat anything, I will cry too and then I will not buy ice cream for you " it took Khadijah a long time before finally cajoling the girl to eat .

It was when she called in the afternoon to enquire after Afreen's health that Mommy told her about what's wrong with her, she's suffering from a very chronic pneumonia.