Chapter Thirty Four

*

D couldn't believe that Kaybee is capable of shunning her for three days, her uncountable calls were left unanswered, texts not replied and video calls rejected .She was frustrated to the point of madness . The worst of it all ...she can't tell a soul what's going on , at least not until she has exhausted all the means to reach to him .

It was on the fifth day that he picked her call when it almost went to voice mail .She had to rub  her eyes to make sure that she isn't dreaming, that it is real, Kaybee have really picked her call and is ready to talk things out .

" Assalamu alaikum " her voice sounded hoarse from choked up emotion, she felt like bursting into tears .

After a few agonizing seconds that feels like forever kaybee managed to answer her prayer and she had never felt alive like that moment, it was like she stopped living and his voice resurrected her back into the land of the living.

" Abba am really sorry for whatever wrong I have done to you. Please forgive me and do me the favour of never punishing me this way, it's the worst punishment  on earth please " she pleaded ,and the dam exploded .She sobbed heard unable to control herself .

" Shhh please don't cry. You have no idea how hard it is for me too and I'm really sorry for acting childishly, believe me when I told you that I have no intention of doing this but you've hurt me so much Mamie, I feel cheated and like you still didn't trust me " he explained, the sound of her cries adding salt to his wounded heart which would've stopped beating if he hadn't picked her call .

He had wanted to pick her calls, call her back or reply back her messages because whatever she had felt, he had felt more and worse but every time he tried doing that, Satan will whisper into his ears, telling him that D deserves whatever he will do even if he's hurting himself in the process, that it is the only way she will learn her lesson.

" Mamie how could you not tell me that Ihsan is sick, until I heard from a third party? How could you block me out of Ihsan's life when we've promised each other to be a team in everything especially in raising our children? " he finally told her her offence and she froze .Out of all the possibilities she has gone through , this never occurred to her, not even once neither for a split second .

" Subhanallah ! Abba !!!" She shrieked wiping away her tears , unable to hide her utter surprise .

" You should have at least ask or scold  me. That will save us the trouble you made me go through" she said, her voice sounding detached because she is so hurt by what he did, how could he even think that she did what she did deliberately?

After explaining to him every single thing that happened that day, from Zee's sickness to her coming back to a very sick Ihsan,calling Ummie to bring the herbs, tending to the poor child forgetting about her phone .She told him every single detail which made him feel so ashamed of himself, willing the earth to open up and swallow him whole .

" Mamie am sorry " he started but she cut him off. Now she is the one who is pissed , madly and rightfully so

" No I am sorry Abba, for giving you a reason to doubt me , for making you think my words are mere words just for saying sake , I never thought you will think so low of me , I have spent  nights wondering about what wrong I've done to you. Beating myself because I've hurt the man who showed me what  it feels like to be  loved only to realised that all these while, after all the things we have gone through you still don't trust me enough to give me a chance to explain, you just concluded that I am capable of blocking you out of the life of the  children you love , the children who will never be loved as much as you love them even by the man who sired them .