Chapter Thirty Six

Halal love is the best form of  Love,  the kind that is solely for the  sake Of Allah.

*

D woke up with a start from her nightmare, she was in Kaybee's arms snuggled into him then why does it feel so real ? Like what she saw in her dream really happened in reality ?

She tried to get out of  his hold but he held her  closer in his sleep every time she made a move to get out of bed.

" Where are you going to Angel?" He asked huskily .

" Bathroom " she replied trying to hide her emotions .

" D what's wrong ? " he asked again startled by the hoarseness in her voice , as if she had been crying .

" uh nothing " she stuttered .

" Look at me " he urged and she had no choice than to do what he asked because it's more of a command than a plea and she cannot defy him no matter what .

" Tell me what's wrong with you please "

" I ....I .....I....had a..."

" Dream ?" He finished off her sentence .

" Yes " she replied with misty eyes .

" Is it about your past ?"

" yes but this time around it's you and it feels so real " she finally managed to voice out with a sob .

Innalillahi wa Inna ilaihi rajiun was all kaybee could mutter before getting out of bed and crouching in front of D who was seated at the edge of the bed .

Holding her hands in his , he whispered softly " it is only a dream angel and in shaa Allah it will not come true .Had I known that sleeping with you in my arms will make you relive all those bad memories I won't have asked you of it even though it's what I wanted. I am sorry " He apologized .

D shook her head vigorously " No! I want it too ya Hayatee, maybe more than you do,  I'm tired of letting my past dictate my present and future , I want to forget and let go, I know that you're different and you'll never hurt me , we've been married for over a year now but you never complained even though you've been away . So  I am sorry for everything " she wailed exasperatedly and went into the bathroom sobbing her heart out, cursing Ahmad and the likes of him, regretting meeting him, loving him and trusting him .

" Open the door please " she heard kaybee's pleading voice but she cannot let him see her in such a mess .

After washing off her face, she came out with puffy red rimmed eyes and managed to pass a worried looking Kaybee a small smile .

" This is the worst welcome home reception by a wife to her husband ever " she joked trying to lighten the tensed mood .

" No its not " he replied trying to assess her mood .He know that D can be complicating at times but never know that she can change her moods easily, from the look in her eyes, he know that she's hurting inside but his selfless wife is pretending to be okay for his sake .

" Let me check up on the kids" she said walking out of the room. Leaving him to his thoughts.

Ilham was past asleep while Ihsan is doodling with crayons, she gave some instructions to the maid and went to her room to calm her erratic heart and compose herself .