Chapter Twenty Seven

*

Khadijah  felt like  a huge mountain  had been dropped down on her head upon hearing Kaybee's question.  She knew that him and her getting married  is inevitable,  it's  the right thing to do because their  relationship  will be meaningless  without it but never in a million years had she thought  it to be this soon.

" Ya kaybee don't you think it's  too soon? " she finally  managed to say.n

" I don't think  so angel,  both of us are adults and this is not the first time for us. Sleep over it my dear  and ask for  Allah's guidance. " He consoled  his chest feeling heavy fearing that she might say no. He don't even want to imagine how much it will break him when she says no or try to prolong  the marriage.

He is not  going  to take her to the  states with  him. He just  want her to be branded as his and nothing  more.

They chatted  for a while before  they retired for the night. Each engrossed in deep thoughts  of what is to come  and praying  that whatever it  is it will  be for the best.

Early morning of the next  day D went to consult her mother about the marriage issue .

" He is right Deejan, you have had ample time to know each other and be sure of your feelings towards each other, it's not good to prolong the issues of marriage but you should pray istikharah and then decide .we will support your decision " that gave her the renewed vigour to say yes because her mind is at ease with the idea.

She also informed Zee and then headed to the kitchen to make breakfast for her soon to be groom. As she was making yam balls and humming to herself totally unaware of the happenings around her, kaybee startled her by clearing his voice.

" Subhanallah ! You scared me!" She exclaimed suddenly feeling shy because she's in her PJs .

" Good morning Angel, you look more beautiful when you are cooking and humming and maybe dancing ??" He cocked a brow in amusement while she hid her face  with her palms.

" Good morning Abba ! How was your night ?" She tactfully changed the topic ignoring his earlier comment on her appearance .

" Alhamdulillah but I couldn't sleep well and you know why .So what's your answer ?" He pouted something she now realized is his habit .

" You said I should think about it huh ?I didn't even start thinking yet" she said with a hint of mischief in her voice.

" Don't you love me Angel? What about the trust you have for me ?" He asked sadly and she felt like laughing at his misery but held herself in order to enjoy his childish attitude.

" I do Abba ! More than you can ever know ,but I don't want us to rush you know لا.plus the issue of school and everything it's just too much to take in and decide in a short span of time " she explained frying the yam balls .

" okay I understand where you're coming from D ,but I am not going to take you away with me, you'll stay here and continue with your studies ,I just want to make it official and halal between us before I leave and that's all .please consider " he begged and she smiled which earned her a hard glare from him .

" Okay , I was just pulling  your legs, I have already decided and it is a yes ! I will Marry you next week in shaa Allah " She slowly stated stressing each word while the look of pure elation lights up kaybee's face which  made her wish she didn't drag the issue just to see that look .

"Alhamdulillah! I thank you O Allah for the blessings You bestowed upon me after testing me " he prayed unable to tamp down his excitement.

" Now let me call daddy so  that he will make arrangements for the printing and distribution of invitation cards,it will be a simple but grand nikkah in shaa Allah " he started pacing up and down the kitchen fishing out his phone from his pocket and dialling Daddy's number.