Chapter Twenty Five

D refused to call nor pick Zee's call for a week which made the bride really , super and rightfully pissed at her best friend. D decided to call her on a Sunday evening after coming back from islamiyyah.

" Assalamu alaikum Amaryan Taheer " D cooed knowing that the explosion will come at any moment.

What Zee said next made her almost double over with laughter.

" Who is speaking please? "

" Its Khadijah Aliyu Your Besty does the name ring a bell? "

" Khadijah Aliyu? Maybe you mistaken me for someone else but I don't have a friend bearing that name. Wrong number " and dutttt Zee hung up on her.

D was in a dilemma on what to do to appease her friend, she knew that Zee is not just angry at her but have disowned her.

She finally got up to meet Ummie in the kitchen when her phone vibrated. With the hope that it's Zee that Called back she fished out the phone from her bag only to be disappointed and glad upon seeing Kaybee's ID.

" Assalamu alaiki " he sounded excited.

" Wa'alaikassalam, I know it's good news so spill " she said.

" How can I spill the good news when my Mamie is not happy? " he asked and she was surprised as to how he always seem to know her mood from the sound of her voice. They tell each other everything so she did not hesitate to tell him.

" Besty is super pissed to the extent of disowning me " she told him with a pout.

" Subhanallah! What do we do now? I think you should personally visit her and apologize. " he advised.

" Okay thanks Abba "

" Shhh your problems are mine, your Besty is mine and whenever you're sad it breaks my heart, my duty is to make you happy always angel "

" Awwwn that's so sweet of you, same here and more. So what made my man happy today? " she inquired with a smile, totally forgetting about her surrounding deeply immersed in the phone call not knowing that Ummie was standing by the kitchen door watching her and listening to the conversation.

" I was able to talk my boss into giving me two weeks break so In shaa Allah I will be coming over to see you and who knows if I'm lucky to have you as mine before I leave? " he said feeling super excited like someone who hasn't been home in ages.

" Mashaa Allah I am so happy too. Ashe we have a very special guest to welcome in a few days" D said mirroring his excitement.

" Just wanted to break the news to you first. I know that you just came back from school, have some rest take care of yourself and the kids for me. Can't wait to see you angel " he knows about her day to day schedules . They always tell each other about how they plan their day in the morning and how it went in the evening.

" Take care too" she whispered before clicking off the call.

It was then she saw Ummie giving her a freaky smile.

Ducking her head low in shame she said " Ummie am back "

" Mmmm I know that you're back but not just right now " she stated still smiling.

" Sorry I Called Zee In the living room and received another call "

" From who? "

" Ummie!!! " she whined cheeks flushed.

" Deejan! " Ummie mimicked

" It's Yaya kaybee he said he will be coming in a few days in shaa Allah " she rambled off and ran to her room feeling totally embarrassed.