Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

"Australia, here we come!" Lou grinned as we entered the van that was going to drive us to the airport. The boys were all fidgety and talkative, they were majorly excited for the next few days. I had to admit I was pretty excited too, I had always wanted to go to Australia. I just wasn't looking forward to the long airplane ride. Especially knowing the boys were keeping major secrets from me.

"How many concerts are you doing there?" I inquired when there was a lull in the conversation.

"No idea." Harry laughed.

"Then we have a two week vacation before our America tour." Niall said excitedly, obviously hyped at the thought of two weeks of doing nothing. That sentence spouted three separate conversations, so I settled for looking out the window and watching the traffic whiz by. 

I still couldn't believe all that had happened in the last three years. People would mention One Direction and I'd have to take a moment to remember. It was horrid, having this three year blank spot in my life. I could remember everything from when I was fifteen, but it was like everything after that  just blacked out. The last day I could remember, was just a normal school day. I came home from school and annoyed my sisters. I had teased Lou about his choice of outfit and him and Stan teased me about the boys at school. It was a typical day and the last thing I could remember was going to sleep. My brain racked for more memories from after that, but I just couldn't.

"Why is that girl dressed as a carrot?" I asked, as we pulled up to the airport and the fans were all surrounding the van. I turned to raise my eyebrows at the boys who started snickering.

"Lou likes girls who like carrots." Zayn smirked while Louis rolled his eyes.

"During The X Factor tour diaries, we got asked what we looked for in girls. I said I liked girls who liked carrots. That escalated to the point where at every single fan thing we go to, I almost always get carrots." Lou seemed like the only one not amused by the situation.

"Oh god, you would." I sighed, although I was slightly amused by the situation. The van stopped, security popping out everywhere. The boys crawled out of the car first, following Paul, except for Niall. Niall wanted to help me out, with the other security guards who had my wheelchair waiting. I seriously couldn't wait for those crutches. Niall grinned at me as he gave me his arm to lean on. He laughed as I plopped down in the seat. I stuck my tongue out at him as he positioned himself behind me and started wheeling me after the boys. I decided to risk it and start questioning him. "Why are you so nice to me, Niall?"

"Uh.. What do you mean?" I couldn't see him, since he was pushing me, but I could hear something... Different in his voice.

"You insist on pushing me, you waited for me to get out of the car.. You're just really nice. Why?"

"You may not remember it, but we've gotten really close over the years." He said quietly, continuing to go towards the rest of the boys.