Chapter 14

Chapter 14:

*Brooklyn POV*

"Can we talk?" Niall inquired, worry lines evident on his face. I quirked an eyebrow at him.

"Uh, sure?" I answered and glanced around the concert area. Everyone was about to head out since the rehearsal had just ended. 

"Wanna talk here or head back to the hotel?" He asked as he wrung his hands together nervously.

"Whatever is more comfortable for you," I shrugged. He glanced around a bit before locking eyes with me once again.

"We can go back to my room, it'll be quieter." Niall suggested. I nodded and followed him out of the building. Thoughts whirled around in my head as I used my crutches to get into the van. Niall was silent the entire car ride, his fingers constantly moving. They were either tapping against the car door, his thumbs twiddling, or they were running through his shaggy blonde hair. His breath was uneven, as if trying to figure out how to speak.

My own nerves made my stomach churn. What was worrying Niall so much? Did it have something to do with his reaction to the playground? 

Niall started to chew on his bottom lip, refusing to look me in the eye. It was such a contrast to his usual happy-go-lucky attitude I had seen in the last few weeks of 'knowing' him.

"We're here." The driver announced. I mumbled a quiet thank-you and followed Niall out of the car. He helped me get situated with my crutches and together we made our way to the elevator. The hotel was eerily quiet, seeing as the fans had yet to find the boys. 

When we finally reached Niall's room, I was about to boil over with nervousness. Niall seemed to feel the same.

"I have o tell you about something that happened last year."

*****Niall POV******

Flashbacks of everything that happened exactly a year ago rushed into my head. The pain was just as bad as when it first happened. 

***Flashback***

"Niall, I'm pregnant." Brook said while tears glistened on her cheeks. The shock of it all hit me like a ton of bricks, but without even thinking, I pulled the brunette girl with the beautiful blue eyes into my arms. Neither of us said anything as we clung to each other.