The Epilogue

(Read Author's Note in the next chapter!)

Epilogue:

"Molly! You quit that!" I sighed in exasperation, tucking a wisp of hair behind my ear. The little blonde three year old simply giggled and slipped from my grasps once again.

"She's being absolutely crazy, I think she gets it from her mum." Niall chuckled from beside me.

"I think not, it's much more her father's trait." I shot back, leaning into his shoulder.

"Hey! Hey, guess what!" Molly started tugging persistently on the hem of my shirt.

"What, dear?" I smiled down at the wiggly toddler.

"I.. I… Well, I forgot!" She almost fell over, laughing. 

Niall stood up and grinned down at her, a twinkle in his ice blue eyes. "You know what happens to girls who forgot things?"

At his words, I flinched just a bit. Despite the fact that it had been quite a few years since 'the accident' as we called it, it was still a bit of a touchy subject. Niall noticed this and shot me a comforting smile.

"When big girls forget things.. They'll have someone like me to be there for them. But when little girls who forget things.." Niall trailed off, taking a step towards her with a small smirk.

Molly's own blue eyes went extremely wide as Niall made his way towards her, fingers wiggling. "N-no! Not the tickle monster!"

"Yes, the tickle monster! He especially likes little blonde girls who are named Molly!" Niall continued on, a laugh threatening to burst out of his lips. Molly kept backing away.

"Don't scar my daughter, Horan." A new voice interrupted Niall's ticklefest, our eyes both drifting up to the couple standing at the door.

"Wouldn't dream of it, Tommo. I think you're doing a great job on your own," Niall teased back. He picked the little girl up and, making sure Louis was ready, tossed her into her dad's arms.

"Daddy! Daddy! Uncle Ni was gonna tickle me!" Molly declared loudly as she hugged her arms around his neck. 

"Oh really?" Louis grinned, setting his daughter down. "Like this?"

Molly squealed. "Yes! Daddy, stop tickling!"

The two guys, along with the little girl, all raced outside so Molly could show them how high she could swing. Juliet settled down on the couch beside me, eyes following her husband and child before looking back at me. "So, how was she?"

"Absolutely brilliant, like always. Other than the fact that she can slip through fingers like soap." I laughed.