Chapter 20

Chapter 20:

My eyes surveyed the guest room in which I was staying in while visiting Louis.  Blank, white walls with the occasional painting. A plain wooden desk pushed up against the corner. Cold tile floors and a black rug. It was a extremely simple room, somewhere people would only spend a bit of time in.

I stared at the wall and let my mind wander. It'd been three days since I arrived in London with my sisters and mum. It wasn't exactly a busy three days, but they definitely were interesting. 

1. I remembered my accident and it wasn't exactly pleasant. 

2. I had an awkward dinner conversation with my family and 'boyfriend.' 

3. I got to talk to Josh and realized I just might not just look at him as a friend. 

4. I went out on a girl date with Juliet and Rosie and learned that they're not your typical girls. 

I also realized that memories is what life is based off of. 

When people spend time together, they spend quite a bit of time saying 'Remember when?' It was a door to conversation.

My phone alerted me of a new text.

From Josh

Hope you're having a good day! Just double checking.. Meeting at Nandos around four? 

To Josh:

Sounds good! See you then :)

My stomach flopped as I reread the texts. It was an unsettling feeling. I felt as though I was cheating on Niall, but there was something about Josh that drew me towards him. It was all quite confusing.

It was like there were two sides to my heart. Well, three if you counted my undying love to Taylor Lautner, but since I didn't know him.. I guess we'll forget about that for now.

I've been drawn to Niall since I met him. Those captivating crystal blue eyes, his adorable braces smile, his contagious laugh. He was so patient with me. Considering he lost his girlfriend, he was pretty calm. I wanted to pretend to just remember everything. Make it so it was like it was before my accident just so I knew he wasn't worrying about me anymore.

But then there was Josh. It was nice, to know that he was a friend that *I* made. He didn't show up and start telling me who he was and about all these memories we had together. There were probably small memories I had with him, but nothing major. Josh had been there for me, he listened to me rant about practically everything.

My heart was torn between the two. I was apart of a tug-of-war match, Josh and Niall each holding a side. The second I would feel myself getting specifically drawn to Niall, Josh would jerk violently on the rope and do something incredibly cute. But then Niall would yank back, with an adorable act of love.