Zane Oneshot

Mystreet Season 3

Swear Warning

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-

"You know what's funny?"

"Not you?" Zane says, you turn to glare at him.

"No, your extremely dry sense of humor."

He rolls his eyes. You can't see the other one, so you improvise and believe that he rolled both of them. Maybe he has only one eye on the side of his head. Maybe that's why you never see his other eye.

"Are you a cyclops?"

He turns to look at you like you've grown another arm, "No."

"You sure? Cause I never see your other eye. And its kinda sad -"

"Leave my brother alone, (Y/n)." Garroth says, coming into the living room, "We want him to continue paying rent, remember?"

You sigh and lean on your hand, "I mean. Aren't you the slightest bit curious?"

He turns to look at you, "I grew up with him."

He said it slowly, like it couldn't sink into your head. This made you the tiniest bit angry, but you bit it back.

"Well no shit Sherlock. But have you seen his other eye? Is it the same as the one he has? Is he blind in that eye?"

"Why aren't you asking me these questions?" Zane asks, you turn to squint at him.

"Because you're mean and won't answer me."

"Well you asked me if I was a cyclops." He defends, "You're a bit mean if you ask me."

"Curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back."

"So are you telling me that if I showed you my eye that you'd be satisfied and would leave me alone?"

"More or less." You say, leaning back on your hands.

"Tough luck then." He says, getting up and leaving up the stairs.

You groan loudly and fall back onto the couch.

Garroth checks to make sure Zane is out of ear shot, then he walks over towards the couch, "Why can't you just tell him that you like him?"

"Tell me, Garroth. How the fuck did that work out for you?"

"Not very well. Good point." He says, turning around and going back into the kitchen. He comes out with a spoon in his mouth. Stupid bowl of ice cream.

"Do you know if he likes anyone?" You ask, he shakes his head.

"Nope. No clue. He doesn't talk about that stuff anymore. But you might wanna steal him before Kawaii~Chan does." He says, pointing his spoon towards the door.

"True." You sigh, then push yourself up, "Know any good ways to approach him?"

He shakes his head, and goes to get another scoop of ice cream, when you steal the spoon from him and put it in your mouth, (Flavor) ice cream spreads across your taste buds and you smile in delight. Garroth sighs, you drop the spoon back into the bowl.

"Thanks." You say, dragging it out, then go up the stairs.

Laurance and you were biological siblings, so you had to share a room with him. He offered just to room with Garroth, but you teased him about liking Garroth, so he gave up the idea of that.

Opening the door, Laurance sits on the bed, his hair falling over his face as he rocks back and forth. He's on his phone, probably reading online comics. He looks up momentarily at you, smiles and looks back down at his phone, you shut the door.