Chapter 9

That day of flying back home to Sweden was a total nightmare. All I could think of the entire time was what I had done to Jimmy. Why didn't I just realize earlier that of course I would make them sad even if I told them sooner or not? Now I had just ruined everything. I had lost the person who meant the most for me. Fuck fuckely fuck fuck.

And my parents wouldn't be happy about seeing me home early. Or at least that was what I thought which made me very surprised when the first thing my mom did was to hug me and tell me how much she had missed me. I couldn't even remember the last time my mom had hugged me. 

"Aren't you mad at me?" I asked when she had let go of me.

"No honey, why would we?" she asked.

"Because I'm supposed to stay until I turn eighteen", I said. 

"Aunt Patricia called and told us what had happened in school between you and that girl and I gotta say Charlie, you shouldn't take out your anger at someone on that way", dad said.

"I know", I mumbled. 

"Go unpack so can we talk more at the dinner", mom said.

I did as she told me and went to my room. It looked just like I'd left it… and I hated it. This room was only full of bad memories from the darkest days of my life, like how I used to hide in the closet when the hallucinations from all the drugs took over my mind or like how I took an overdose and laid dying in the bed.

I just threw the bad I had in my hand on the floor and then walked downstairs to the living room again. Mom and dad sat at the dinner table and had just starting eating dinner. 

I sat down on the empty chair that had a plate in front of it on the table. 

"We're so happy that you're home again", dad said.

"Are you really?" I asked and raised an eyebrow. 

"What do you mean with that Charlie?" mom asked.

"If you two have missed me so much, then why did you send me away from the first place?" I asked.

"You didn't really give us a chance Charlie. We had to do something", mom said. 

"So you just decided to care suddenly?" I asked.

"Why are you on this way now? You just came home, do you have to start fighting with us the first thing you do?" dad asked. "I think you know too that sending you to America was the only choice."

"Sending me to a place where rock-music is illegal, very cleaver of you two", I said. 

"And it helped didn't it, being without music?" dad said.

"You think I was without music while I was there? Oh no. I helped some guys start a band even", I said and grinned. 

"Charlie!" my mom said and shook her head. "Why are you doing these things?" 

"Doing what? Showing the kids in America real music?"

"You know that it's against the law! Do you understand what you have done to these kids? They will be put in jail and their lives will be ruined!" mom said. 

"I haven't done anything bad towards them mom! I've just showed them a kind of music. But it doesn't matter because they will probably not even continue with it now when I'm gone", I said. 

"What are you going to do now with your life Charlie?" dad asked to change the subject. 

"I'm gonna move to my own place, make a new album and start touring again", I said.