7. Freddy X Reader

✨Requested by Pointof
                                 • • • • •

  You hugged a pillow to your chest as you sat on the couch, watching the cheesy horror flick that was playing on the television. You had been feeling particularly lonely this night, so you slipped into a quick slumber to meet up with Freddy, asking him if he'd like to join you in the real world for the horror movie marathon that was playing on TV.

He seemed more than happy to spend time with you, so he popped into reality while you woke up. The two of you quickly settled onto the couch and began watching, but as time went on, you were starting to notice something.

Namely the arms length of space between the two of you.

You didn't say anything, but deep down, it was bothering you. It had been for a while. You and Freddy had spent a lot of time together and gotten to know each other very closely, yet he was never sweet on you. He seemed almost...uncomfortable with it. You knew Freddy wasn't exactly a traditional boyfriend, but you had expected some sort of affection from him after all this time.

Was that really too much to ask?

  You let out a sigh. The pillow you had been snuggling like a surrogate boyfriend was tossed to the side.

"I think I'm gonna head to bed. I'm getting tired," you said, looking to Freddy. "You gonna head out, too?"

  Freddy nodded. "Always kids who need a good scare, you know?"

  "Yeah," you agreed, albeit halfheartedly.

  You weren't particularly fond of what he did, but he was a dream demon, after all. He was bound to hurt people. You were just thankful that he had never hurt you, even before you two had become an item.

  You reached for the remote and turned the television off. Standing up from the couch, you raised your arms over your head, stretching out your stiff muscles.

  "Hey, maybe we can cuddle in bed a bit before you're off?" You suggested, hoping Freddy would oblige in your request, just this once.

  However, when you turned back to the couch, you saw that he had already vanished back into the dreamworld. You let out another sigh, trudging towards your room.

  "I would've settled for a goodnight kiss instead," you muttered to yourself.

/ /

  Freddy would be lying if he said he didn't feel a little bad about leaving you like that. He just didn't know how to handle all of that...that lovey-dovey stuff. It wasn't him. It hadn't been for a long time.

But he could tell you were feeling neglected. You were projecting such a strong aura of sadness and Freddy could feel just how intense it was. He wanted to fix it, to fix things between you two, but every time he even thought about it, something deep inside stopped him.

He just...couldn't.

Suddenly, Freddy sensed you were dreaming. He decided to check in on you, just to see how you were doing. Despite what you sometimes thought, Freddy did care about you. He just wasn't the best at showing it.

He popped into your dream, keeping his presence a secret. He didn't want to disturb you, not yet, at least. You were dreaming of Freddy's boiler room, where the two of you often met up when you were dreaming. However, Freddy quickly noticed that you weren't alone.

You were with what seemed to be an exact copy of Freddy. The real Freddy was confused. Why would your subconscious dream up a replica of himself when you could meet up with the real version anytime you wanted?

  That question was quickly answered once Freddy saw how sweetly his clone was treating you. You were swooning like a schoolgirl from all of the gentle kisses, tender touches, and sweet nothings whispered only for you to hear. How brightly you were smiling only worsened the dull ache forming in Freddy's chest.

  He turned away from the sight of you so bloody happy, bladed fingers twitching, desperate for something to slash at, for some outlet for all of these feelings that were rising inside him. He felt so angry. So jealous. Replaced.

  Guilty.

As much as he tried to ignore it, Freddy couldn't deny the feeling of guilt that was slowly eating away at him from the inside. Honestly, you deserved someone who could make you smile like that, but that someone wasn't Freddy, at least not now. He couldn't give you that happiness; he didn't know how. It had been so many years since he had acted like a proper partner, the concept now was almost alien to him.

Heck, the last person he had even been this close with was Loretta. Freddy hadn't thought about her in a long time.

  Memories from another time threatened to rise. Though he tried to push them back, Freddy couldn't help but wonder if those memories were what was keeping him distant from you. After all, things with Loretta hadn't exactly ended well...

  Maybe that was it. Maybe Freddy was stopping himself from growing attached to you because some part of him, some small part buried deep down inside, was afraid he might hurt you should he get too close.

  Maybe that was it.

  Freddy let out a frustrated sigh. He was tired of all these conflicting feelings. He turned back to where he had last seen you, but saw you were gone. Perhaps you had woken up. Or perhaps you had gone off with that clone, probably to do something else sickeningly sweet.

  Freddy exited your dream, scouring the dreamscape for some unfortunate soul who would get to be on the receiving end of his glove. He needed to get some blood on his hands, to let off some steam.

  Yet in the back of his mind, Freddy thought to himself:

  Something needs to change between us.

/ /

  The next time you invited Freddy out to watch movies, you were pleasantly surprised when he nonchalantly moved over to you and put his arm around your shoulders. You looked to him, shock written all over your features. Freddy merely kept his gaze ahead, locked on the television. You could tell he didn't want to make a big deal about this.

  More than content to let this go quietly, you happily snuggled into his side, wrapping your arm around him in return as a smile lit up your features. And though you didn't see it, Freddy, too, had a faint smile on his face.

--------------------------------------------------
omg this was so much fun to write

i love the burnt bacon man so much omfg xD

this was requested by Pointof so i hope i did alright! i hope it was what you wanted and i hope you enjoyed it darling❤️💚❤️