6. Brahms X Reader

It had to be done.

You had been putting it off for too long now simply because you knew Brahms wasn't going to like it. You let it go as long as you could, but now, something had to be done. The step had to be taken.

Walking into the room he had used during his childhood, you walked over to a section of the wall you knew was hollow, giving a firm few knocks. Sound traveled a long way in those secret corridors, so you knew he would likely hear you.

Standing back a few steps, you waited patiently for Brahms to arrive. It took only a few moments before the passageway opened and out crawled Brahms, stretching to his full height once he was completely out in the open. You smiled gently, hoping to keep him at ease while you tightly gripped the handle of the hairbrush hidden behind your back.

"Brahms, there's something I need to tell you," you began. "And I don't think you'll like it much. I'm sorry."

Brahms tilted his head to the side, his eyes burning into you from behind the mask. You let the silence linger for a few more moments.

  "I think it's time we give your hair a good brush," you finally said, revealing the hairbrush you had been hiding.

  You watched as Brahms' gaze dropped to the brush in your hand, then ventured back up to your eyes. He adamantly shook his head no, fingers bunching up the ends of his knitted cardigan.

  "Come now, Brahms. We need to work through that mess of curls eventually," you said, trying to reason with him. "Wouldn't you rather just get it over with?"

  Once again, Brahms shook his head, defiant. A small sigh escaped you, even though you had tried to hold it back. How could you convince him to go along with something he desperately needed?

  You thought for a moment, the two of you standing in silence, before an idea popped into your head. You smiled.

  "How about a compromise? If you let me brush your hair, I'll let you brush my hair after," you suggested. "How about that?"

  "I want to brush your hair first," Brahms suddenly spoke, confining his voice to the high register of a child.

  "No, Brahms. You only get to brush my hair after I brush yours," you said firmly. "That's the deal."

  "But Y/N, I want--"

  "Keep this up and you won't get to brush my hair at all."

  Though you couldn't see his face, you could tell Brahms was upset. You hated having to act as a surrogate parent for a 28 year old man, but you also knew the fragile state of Brahms' mind. Not quite a man, yet no longer a child, his mentality was stuck in some sort of horrible middle ground with heavy psychosis thrown in just to top everything off. He needed to have the structure of a parent/child relationship to keep some sort of normalcy in his twisted mind, yet he desired the intimacy a romantic relationship could offer, though he knew almost nothing of the sort. Though he was trying at times, you were more than happy to be there for Brahms, to help him and give him what he needed.

  Brahms' unhappy silence persisted, but you stood your ground. You merely waited for him to work his way through the choices you had given him, waiting for his decision.

  Ultimately, his need to be close to you won out over his repulsion of getting his hair brushed. Without a word, Brahms crossed the room and sat down on the edge of his old bed, silently giving you the permission you had asked for.

  You joined him on the bed, positioning yourself behind him so you could start to work through his tangled hair. Before you began, however, you leaned down, pressing a quick kiss to the porcelain cheek of his mask.

  "Thank you, Brahms," you whispered to him. "You're being a very good boy."

  Brahms turned his head towards you, his eyes meeting yours, but only for a moment. They quickly flickered down to your lips, lingering there for just a little too long. Placing two fingers on the mouth of his mask, you snapped him out of his trance, his eyes shooting up to meet yours once again.

  "Later, Brahms," you said, making a silent promise.

  You gave him a sweet smile before pulling back, turning your attention to his dark matted curls. As gently as you could, you began working through Brahms' hair, muttering a quick apology whenever a particularly stubborn knot would snag. You sang to him as you went, knowing how he loved his music. You also hoped it would help to keep him calm. Brahms could be very impatient if he so chose.

It took longer than you had anticipated, but after much effort, the brush could finally glide smoothly through his hair without catching. He still desperately needed a wash, but you weren't going to push your luck with him, not today. He had been so good, hardly squirming the whole time.

"There, all done," you said, setting the hairbrush down on the bed. You lightly ran your fingers through his hair, mussing up his curls ever so slightly to give them back some of their shape. "Doesn't that feel better?"

Brahms didn't answer, but merely leaned his head back, leaning into your touch. You couldn't see his eyes, but you imagined them to be blissfully closed. You smiled and continued to play with his hair for a few minutes more before pulling away and settling beside him, brush in hand.

"Now it's your turn to brush my hair, Brahms," you said, holding the brush out to him. "Remember to be gentle, okay?"

"Okay," he answered, still with that childlike voice.

He took the brush from you, then mimicked how you had sat behind him to brush his hair. You felt his fingers run through your H/L H/C hair, repeating the motion several times over before he actually began to brush.

Brahms was very gentle, just like you had told him to be. He ran the brush through your hair slowly, each stroke even and measured. You sat still as a statue, letting him take his time.

  After several minutes, though, he seemed to grow bored. He tossed the brush to the side, abandoning it for his fingers once more. He ran them through your hair again, slower than before. He leaned close, inhaling the sweet smell of your shampoo.

  You smiled as you felt Brahms scoot closer to you, his arms snaking around your waist as he nuzzled into the crook of your neck. The porcelain of his mask was cool against your skin. You reached up a hand, running your fingers through his recently brushed hair. He jumped at your touch at first, but he soon relaxed.

  You let out a contented sigh, comfortable in Brahms' warm embrace. You were more than happy to snuggle with him if he so wanted. You heard Brahms softly exhale as well, his arms tightening around you in the slightest. Relaxed and comfortable, the two of you wound up spending most of the afternoon in each others' arms.

--------------------------------------------------
omg i'm really proud of how this turned out! it got a little weak at the end but i think i did okay lol

so if you haven't noticed i added brahms heelshire to the request page lol i just recently saw the boy and i fell in love

so i hope y'all enjoyed this one! leave me some feedback if you'd like and don't be shy about requesting! i don't bite☺️