10. Michael X Reader Pt. 1

✨Requested by bananaminion666
                                • • • • •

  You let out a sigh, typing idly on your computer. When you took a receptionist job at a private school, you knew it wouldn't be exactly glamorous, but you had hoped it would be something other than papers, papers, and more papers. However, your Grandma Norma had given you such a good recommendation when she retired from the position. The job had practically been handed to you and you tried to remain grateful.

However, it was hard when the work was so mind-numbingly boring.

  Just then, the headmistress, Keri Tate, walked through the door. Quickly, you jumped up from your desk, a few papers in hand, and flagged down her attention.

"Miss Tate! Those budget reviews you requested came in," you told her.

"Oh, about time," you heard the headmistress sigh. "Thank you, Y/N."

You handed the papers to Keri, but as she took them, you saw her gaze wander to your right wrist. Your eyes widened as you saw part of that mysterious black symbol peeking out from the hem of your sweater sleeve. Hurriedly, you pulled it down, clasping your hands together tightly.

"I didn't know you had a tattoo," Keri casually remarked.

You shrugged. "Honestly, I don't remember getting it. It's like it just...showed up one day."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I think I was 17 when I first noticed it."

As soon as those words left your lips, Keri paled considerably. The papers in her grasp fluttered to the floor as her hands began to tremble. You were concerned, thinking perhaps that she was ill.

"Are you okay?" You asked.

It took a moment for Keri to respond. "Y/N...can I see your wrist?"

  Hesitantly, you held out your arm and pushed up your sleeve. Normally, you wouldn't let anybody look at the mark, but you were alarmed at Keri's odd behavior appearing out of no where. Keri gingerly took your arm in her hold, fingers brushing over the dark mark. It was small, consisting of a vertical black line with a triangle coming out of the side, pointing to the outer edge of your wrist.

  You heard Keri utter a sharp curse under her breath. She looked up at you and the expression on her face could only be described as panic.

  "I need you to come with me," she whispered urgently.

  Without waiting for a reply from you, Keri took you by the hand and pulled you into her office, swiftly shutting the door behind her. You were completely baffled by the headmistress's frantic behavior.

  "Miss Tate, what is going on?" You asked. "Why are you so afraid?"

  "I've seen that mark before," Keri said in a shaky voice. She ran her fingers through her short cut hair, pacing across the room. "Years ago, but I haven't forgotten."

  "What are you talking about?" You asked, eyebrows knitted together. "What's so bad about this mark?"

  Keri stopped pacing, standing in front of her desk. She turned to face you and you could see how she was nervously chewing her lip. A tense silence hung in the air before Keri let out a heavy sigh.