Chapter 6

"I told you you'd regret it," Thomas said wrapping up Emily's hand she had used to hit Britt.

"I don't regret hitting her." She said, "Only hurting myself." She grumbled. Thomas sighed and finished wrapping up her hand.

"Alright," he stood from where they were sitting, "Do you want a sandwich?" He asked.

"Yes please," Emily said. She tried flexing her hand, but stopped when the pain became unbearable. Emily walked down the stairs after him.

"Could you give me a hand?" He asked. Emily nodded, and tried to grip a knife. She dropped it from the pain that emmited from her dominant hand.

"Sorry," she said, "I'll get the bread!" She ran over to the bread box, and tried to open it. She used her thumbs, but it wouldn't open.

"I'll get it," he said waking over and getting out the bread. Emily nodded.

"Uh, I'll get the condiments out!" She said smiling.

"Already got them." He said motioning to them on the counter.

"Oh, ok then... how about the plates?" She asked. Thomas chuckled.

"Third cabinet down," he said.

"Alright!" Emily was determined to do this. She walked over, and opened the cabinet. She saw the plates on about the 3rd shelf. She sighed, and reached up. One plate was down, as she reached for the other a cat ran by and knocked a glass of water off the counter. Emily squealed, and jumped back. The glass shattered, and the water went everywhere. Thomas turned at the sound of shattering glass.

"You alright?" He asked. Emily nodded, and looked down at her bare feet, "Stay there." He said. Thomas dried up the water, and was about to sweep up the glass when he cut his finger.

"Ow," he said.

"Oh, are you ok?" She asked about to move over to him.

"Stop!" He said, "you'll cut your feet!" She stopped, and looked at him. She got an idea, and jumped up on the counter. She crawled over the counters, and over to the sink. She looked at his hand, it looked ok, but painful. He gasped, and shook his head.

"And I had a gig tonight." He opened a drawer, and pulled out a bandaid.

"Oh, gee, I'm sorry!" She said, "Anything I can do?" She asked feeling slightly guilty even though the evil cat did it.

"Can you play bass?" He asked. Emily shook her head.

"Can you teach me?" She asked cheekily. Thomas rolled his eyes, and took her good hand. "You know between us there's a good pair of hands,"

"Yeah, but remember, there is also a very bad pair of hands." He chuckled as he pulled out his bass guitar.

"There's two kinds of people in the world!" She smiled as he sat down on the floor. Emily sat across from him as he tuned it.

"Alright," he handed her the guitar, and started showing her where to put her fingers. She picked it up relatively fast, and soon she knew what she was doing. She was no Paul McCartney, but she was good. Thomas smiled and looked at her.

"Don't let my mum hear you, you might just upstage me!" He winked (Explodes from mental image), and kissed her cheek. Emily smiled, and put her head on his chest.

"Thomas," she said, "You know I have to go home tomorrow," she said, "But, if you want that is, you could visit, and I'll call, and write to you," she said.

"Right, I almost forgot about you not really living here." He said suddenly standing up. He cleared his throat. "Come on then," he held out his hand, and helped her to her feet, "I would offer to help you pack, but you lost your luggage," he chuckled. Emily nodded, and kissed his lips sadly.

"I'm sorry for springing this on you, I guess this is better than a note though... in some ways." SHE sniffed.

"I want to go with you," he said, "I do have a movie premier coming up soon! I could just go early!" He said.

"No, you should stay, I'll see you when you come for the premier!" She sighed. He nodded sadly, and she took his hand.

"Look, I have to go tell Serena," she said. Thomas stopped her.

"You might want to disguise yourself," he said. Emily nodded. He grabbed a coat, and hat. "That could work," he said, "Just keep your head down," he kissed her nose, and she left.

"SERENA!" Emily called at the building Serena lived in. She called for  a while longer before she remembered Serena has a job. Emily ran down the road before she saw The Purple Alligator. She ran in, and saw her in the back restocking the shelves of cookies.

"Serena!" She called. As she approached she saw tear stains on her face. "Serena? Are you ok?" She asked.

"I found someone," she said, "She came in, and we knew immediately who we were. But the shop was packed, so we couldn't greet each other! But we let out little hints!" She said exploding into tears again. The more she talked the more Emily guessed they were slightly sad, but mostly happy tears.

"Who?!" She asked.

"She goes by Serena!" Serena wept.

"What? I'm confused," she said.

"Ok, Serena is my sister, her name is Natasha! Remember Tasha?" She asked.

"Wait! You saw Ashleigh?"

"No, I saw Serena!" She said. Emily played along with her Witness Protection names.

"Oh, ok, will you see her again?" She asked. Serena shook her head.

"I can't!" She said, "It'll be too obvious!" Serena said, "But she's married, and has two kids now!" Serena said, "Its quite depressing though, I've done nothing!" Serena frowned.

"Do you wanna go back to the states?" Emily asked. Serena nodded.

"Of course!" She said, "I want to go home! The only problem with that is that there will 've no one else there..." she sniffed again.

"But if Ashleigh- sorry, Serena, is still alive isn't it possible the others are too?" Serena's eyes widened.

"You're right! I can't go back now! I need to find them!" She said. She took off her apron, and wadded it up. She threw it at the cashier, and ran out.

"Bye! I gotta find my family!" She yelled again. The cashier frowned and glared at Emily.

"Sorry, I'm gonna go now." She said. She ran out of the building, and down the road. After she gathered her belongings she went to bed for the night. The next day she was going to leave the man she loved.

-

OK! I need reviews!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please review! I appreciate votes too! Thanks to all of you guys!! REMEMBER: I don't update without at least one comment! ok?