Chapter 10

"What about it?" He asked putting his elbows on the table, and resting his chin in his hands.

"Well, I left so soon I couldn't get anything to wear!" She said copying his actions. His eyes grew wide.

"Well!" He stood up fast, "Let's change that!" He smiled, and took her hand to make her stand up.

"But it's like 10 at night!" She said, "PLUS! I told you I would have to do school work!" She said standing slowly.

"You can do it later," He said taking her other hand as well.

"I could," She said, "Or I could do it now, and get it over with!" She said smiling.

"Look," he said, "You could go with being boring, and writing a report, which by the way you could do on the plane, or you could come, and have fun with me, which you can't do on a plane!" He said getting closer to her. She sighed, and looked at her feet.

"I-" She looked up at his hopeful face, "I don't know," She said, "My schooling is so important to me." She said.

"More important than me?" He asked, "Or more important than fun?" he asked. She smiled, "Fine! But tomorrow I have to do my work! Otherwise I'll flunk out!" She said as he pulled her along down the road.

"I know!" He said stopping. He was looking in a shop window.

"Leila's Boutique," She said reading the creamy white colored awning. It had a white rose, and had the letters in a curly writing.

"Let's go in!" He said.

"Thomas, it's a bridal store!" She said, "And I just need a nice dress to wear once!"

"So what!? They sell Bride's Maid dresses here!" He smiled, "You could pick out of those!" She rolled her eyes.

"Fine, we'll look but I'm not getting anything here." She said.

"Hello," A girl at the counter said, "How may I help you?" She asked. She had fair hair, and deep brown eyes. She was wearing a blue vest, and a white button down shirt. She walked around the counter, she was barefoot. But, not only that, she was about 7 months pregnant.

"No, actually, we're just looking." Emily stepped in.

"Yes, could you come and measure her? I want to know what size she is for the dress!" He smiled.

"Sure," The woman said, "Come with me please." She smiled, and walked towards a big dressingroom.

"Are you two engaged?" The woman asked as she took the measurment of Emily's waist.

"Not currently. I need a dress for a film premier tomorrow night!" Emily replied.

"Really? Why did he bring you in here then? We do have nice dresses, but, they're for weddings."

"I don't know, he took me one town away from where the premier! It's in Venice!" Emily said rolling her eyes.

"Maybe he's planning something special tonight!" The lady suggested.

"She'll be a size small." The lady said coming back from the dressing room, Thomas shoved his hand in his pocket.

"Where is she?" He asked.

"Oh, she'll be out in a minute," The lady looked at his hand, "I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to ask you what's in your pocket." She said.

"Oh, well, it's...uh," He stuttered. He looked at the back room, again, and decided to risk it. He pulled it out.

"Oh, it's beautiful." The lady said quietly.

"I know, I don't know when to ask her though!" He said.

"Ask me what?" Emily asked coming out of the dressing room in a beautiful purple dress. Thomas gasped.

"Em, it's fantastic." He smiled, "I think that's the one." she blushed slightly, and walked down to him.

"You really think so?" She asked. He nodded, and kissed her forehead.

"Alright, have a nice night you two." The pregnant lady said happily after ringing them up. She winked as they turned around.

"What was that wink about?" Emily asked as they walked out the door.

"I don't know." Thomas said, lying through his teeth. Emily turned around to look at him.

"You suck at lying, you know that right?" She asked.

"Yes, I know, I've been told that on many occations." He said.

"So, what was it!?"

"Just...nothing," He said, "I promise." Thomas's phone started buzzing.

"What's that?" She asked.

"Reminder," He said turning away to read whatever the 'Reminder' was. Emily frowned, and walked on ahead.

"HEY! Wait up." He said running after her to make up the middle ground. She looked over at him, as he gave her his lopsided grin.

"Look, I do hope that "Reminder" will mind it's own buisness." Emily said.

"What?" He asked, "No, I promise! It really was a reminder!" He said stopping her, "A reminder to do this." He said. He knelt down in front of her, and pulled out a ring box.

"Emily, will you marry me?" He asked.

"No." She said.

"No?" He asked, "Why not?"

"You know how hard it was for us to get together this time? For a weekend? Can you imagine what my parents will say to me getting married to someone they don't know?! And you aren't from the same religion I am, so we most definantly can't get married." She said, "Maybe after more time, but I've barely known you a month!" Thomas stood up. He looked slightly hurt, but he knew what to do.

"Alright, will you, since you won't marry me in the present time, will you hold on to this ring until all those things are accomplished?" He asked. She nodded, "On the right hand of couse." He added, taking her other hand he slid the ring on. He stood up, and gave her a hug.

"I'm glad you're considering it." He said.

"Well, I wouldn't make a bumch of children see a grown man cry." She said gesturing to the children playing in the "Square", it was more like a hexagon, but close enough.

"Alright, haha, very funny. Should we go on back to the hotel?" He asked. She nodded

OK! This is 10 Part 1! But only cause I can't fit the whole idea in one chapter! COMMENT I SAY! COMMENT!! PS. Thanks to @thegirlwholovesdw! She helped so much!! GO FOLLOW HER!!! DO IT!!! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!