Chapter 9

Emily woke up to Thomas shaking her shoulder.

"We've landed," He said, "Come on." He said Emily stood up, and grabbed her bag from the overhead storage. Thomas did the same, and they headed out. 

"Hopefully I won't lose my luggage this time!" Emily snickered. Thomas and Emily walked to the baggage claim, and picked up their stuff. Emily's phone buzzed, and she walked about a foot away.

Hey, Have you figured out where we are yet? 

Emily looked up at Thomas, and he put his phone in his pocket quickly.

"No, where are we then?" She asked, "I thought we were going to Italy." She looked at him.

"We are, Just not in Venice." He grinned.

"So, we aren't here for a film premier?" She asked walking back to him. Thomas chuckled.

"Oh, the cleverness of me." He laughed. Emily rolled her eyes.

"Ok, If we aren't in Venice, where the hell are we?!" She asked.

"We are in Palmanova, Italy." He said, "You're not mad are you?" He asked as Emily looked away.

"Thomas, I told my family I was gonna be in Venice!" She said.

"But, Venice is an hour away, and there is still a movie premier! It's gonna be in Venice!" He said, "I just thought maybe you would like to stay in a smaller place." He put his arms around her.

"FIIIIINNNEE!!" She said. She smiled, "Why didn't you tell me though?" 

"I wanted to surprise you!" He smiled again. He kissed her cheek, and picked up his bags. She did the same, and they walked out to the next car. They drove for about 20 minutes when Emily found herself in a small village. She looked around, and saw all the buildings looked like they came to a point. Emily looked over at Thomas.

"What's up with these buildings?" She asked. Thomas opened the glove box, and pulled out a map. Emily unfolded it, saw it was in the shape of a star. She laughed.

"That makes sense." She smiled, and put it back as he pulled off to the side of the road, "What's this place?" She asked.

"Restaurant." He said, "I thought you might be hungry!" He said, "It's been 12 hours." He chuckled. They got out of the car, and walked into the neat little restaurant.

"Benvenuto." Someone called as they walked in. Thomas waved, and sat down at the nearest table.

"Hello, ciao, salve, and buonasera." A girl said handing them both menus. Thomas nodded to her in thanks.

"Just to let you tourists know, I speak English." She said, "Oh, and I'm Ambra," She said as she walked away.

"Jee, she was a ray of sunshine!" Emily said. Thomas chuckled, and put his menu down.

"I've having this!" Thomas pointed to something on the menu.

"Risi e bisi?" She asked.

"I have no idea how to pronounce it." he said in his defence.

"Alright, you guys know what you a want?" Ambra asked as she came back over.

"Well, I know what he wants! He wants Pizza." Emily said sabotaging his order, "And I want risi e bisi." She said smiling at him.

"Ok, Pizza, and Rice and Peas. Got it." She walked into the kitchen, and around a corner.

"Boy, who ate all the red off her candy?" He asked.

"Whoa, whoa." Emily said snickering, "Did you really just say that?" She asked. Thomas smiled. The girl brought the food back.

"And a bottle of wine." Ambra put it down.

"I didn't order-"

"It's from that girl in the corner booth. She looks kinda like a prostitiute, but I know her. She's not. She doesn't make you pay." Ambra said as she walked over to the nearest wall, and pulled two glasses from it.

"Oh, only one glass. I'm not old enough to drink yet." Emily said.

"How old are you?" Ambra asked.

"20."

"The age limit here is 18. Have at it." She placed the glasses down and poured them both one.

"Ok," Thomas said, he glanced over at the other chick, "He made eye contact with her, and she decided to come over to them.

"Hello. I'm Caterina. Do you like the wine?" She asked. Thomas nodded.

"Thanks, what do I owe you for it?" He asked.

"Nothing. It's a gift. I remember you from the films." She said.

"Like which?" He asked trying to hint to her he didnt really care.

"Oh, Love Actually, and a few others." She sat down next to him. Emily took a deep breath in, and glared.

"Well, you know, I am currently here on a date." He said scooting over so she slid out of the booth.

"Look, leave them alone." Ambra said. Thomas smiled cheesily, as she left.

"Well that was fun." Emily said sarcastically, "About this film premeir."