Chapter 11

Emily walked into the seprate hotel room, and sighed. She picked up her bag, and walked farther into the room. All she could think about was the ring on her right hand. She flopped on the bed, and sighed. She placed her hands over her face, and just stayed there. She suddenly heard the floor creak. She looked over, and saw Thomas standing in her doorway.

"Sorry, I just wanted to see if you were alright, I heard you flop on the bed, and every time I've seen you do that was when you were tired, or frustrated." He smiled a bit.

"Oh, yeah," She said. He nodded, "Well, I was thinking." She smiled back at him.

"Bout what?" He asked. She shrugged. He sat on the opposite side of the bed next to her.

"Stuff." She chuckled sitting up. Her back was against the bright yellow wall with a tall cherry tree painted on it. Thomas scooted to the other end of the bed. He put his arm around Emily, and sighed.

"Thomas," Emily said, "I'm sorry I can't marry you." She said. He chuckled.

"Technically you don't know if you can marry me yet." He said. He put his head on hers.

"I'm still sorry." She looked up at him. He smiled, and kissed her.

"Hey, we have a lot to do tomorrow!" He said, changing the subject.

"Like what?" She asked looking surprised.

"Well! We are going out ot lunch, next sight seeing in Venice, then we're going to the premeir, and then we have a dinner date on a ferry boat." He said smiling.

"Ooh!" She said, "Where to?" She asked.

"It's a trip around Dorsoduro, it's in Venice, but on the other side of town." He said, "So, I was thinking about how we would get to the right side of town."

"Oh?" she asked sitting up, "And how do you suppose?"

"Horse, and Buggy of course!" he chuckled, "Or would you rather use Mopeds?"

"I'm game for either one, doesn't make a difference to me!" She laid back down, and leaned on his chest. He sighed. Soon they both drifted off to sleep.

THE NEXT MORNING

Thomas noticed it had gotten quite a bit colder in the bed than it had been just a few minutes, it seemed like, previous. He opened is tired eyes, and looked around. Emily walked out of the bathroom dressed for the day. She didn't notice him awake, and continued about what she was doing.

Emily turned on her laptop, and opened a Word Document. It was pretty full already, and she seemed to be editing it. She added a few more sentences, and finally attached it to an email to send. She was about to click on the send button when she noticed Thomas staring at her.

"What?" she asked. He shook his head.

"Just Watching you work." he smiled, and rubbed his eyes, "When'd you write that?" he asked.

"Oh! I got up hours ago!" she said waving a hand. He chuckled.

"Why? You're on vacation!" he yawned.

"I didn't get up that early! I got up at 9." she chuckled. she turned her phone on, and showed him the time.

"Is it really 12?!" he asked. She nodded, "We HAVE to go! We'll lose our table!" he jumped up, and grabbed his room key, "Be right back!" he kissed her cheek, and ran into his room across the hall. He fumbled with the key, and finally got it open. Thomas ran over to his suitcase, and changed shirt, but left the same jeans on. When he ran back into her room she had already packed up all her clothes, and her dress for the premier was hanging separately.