Chapter 7

"Look, Thomas, I'm sorry for having to leave, but I booked this fight before I even left for Scotland! I have to go home!" She said. She picked up her bag, and ran to board the plane.

"Wait," he said, "I'll come visit you!" He said, "How will I get back into contact with you?" He asked. Emily smiled.

"I'll call you!" She said.

"Last call for flight 409. Last call for flight 409." The woman over the PA said. Emily smiled, and ran to the boarding area.

"Tickets." The man said. She gave him his tickets. "Oh, it seems your seat was double booked, and we have a first-class seat free, would you like to sit there?" He asked.

"Oh, yes! That would be great!" She smirked. Thomas watched her board the train, and from that moment he counted until he went to America.

Emily's plane soon landed, and she got off to go home. She walked into the airport, and got her bag. As she walked out she was suddenly ambushed by all of her friends.

"Jeremy!" She said pleasantly, "Isabella! Leah!" She grinned.

"Ok, your voice is happy, but your face says otherwise. Leah said.

"Yeah, well, I've had to leave things behind in England!" Emily chuckled.

"Like all your luggage?" Isabella chuckled along with her. They all started walked out.

As she walked to the car they drove in she remembered her car. She ran to the next lot over, and saw it! He sky blue 1967 Corvette. She pulled her keys out, and remembered she would call Thomas when she got home. She dialed his number, and it asked for voicemail. She then remembered time differences. She sighed, and put her phone in the glove compartment, and drove off. She got home, and saw her family members all still unpacking from their cruise.

"Em!" Celeste and Tyra yelled running to her. She waved, and rubbed her eyes.

"You alright?" Celeste asked. Emily nodded, and walked over to the stairs. As she walked her eyes watered, and she began running. She made it to her room, and closed the door. She then collapsed on the bed, and began crying uncontrollably. As she wept Celeste made her way in.

"What happened in England?!" Celeste Asked.

"A boy....a lovely, sweet, kind boy!" Emily gushed about Thomas, "He's an actor!" She said, "In fact we've seen him in the movies!" Emily cried.

"Who?" Celeste Asked. She was suddenly very worried about Emily.

"Thomas Sangster!" She sighed.

"No!" Celeste said. Emily nodded vigorously.

"And he promised when he came for filming, and such, he would come and visit me, but I feel like I need to go back!" Emily said.

"MOMMY!" Two little kids ran in the room.

"Charlie, Vanessa, please go play!" Celeste said to her children. They were about 6, they were twins.

"Is Emily ok?" Charlie asked. He was the speaker if the two.

"Yes, just sad, go and play," she said firmly. The gave Emily a kiss, and walked out the door. Emily smiled.

"There's the happy face!" Celeste cheered, "Now, let's go get something for breakfast!" She says standing up. Emily smiled, and got up. They walked down the road, and into a nice place.

Tasha's Tasty Tarts

"Really?" Emily asked, "We have to go to the same old place?"

"Yes." She said, "Mornin Tasha!" She said hanging up her coat. She just waved from behind Shorty.

"What'll you have?" Shorty asked spinning a frying pan and it hit her head. She muttered curses.

"HEY! You put a coin in the jar!" Tasha yelled at Shorty. She rolled her eyes, and put a quarter in the jar that said "Coin for a curse". Emily chucked, and they sat down.

"Muffins! As many muffins as you can make!" Celeste said. Shorty's eyes grew wide.

"STOP! MUFFIN TIME!" She did "The Hammer" into the kitchen, and around the corner. Emily chuckled again, and realized how good it was to be home, and on familiar turf. But she sighed again.

"Ok, you're just over reacting now!" Tyra said walking in, "And how dare you leave without me!?" She asked. She sat down.

"Ok.... well I might be overreacting, but I could just shut down emotionally!" Emily argued. Celeste, and Tyra both shrugged.

"Batch number 1!" Shorty said coming over, and putting a plate of assorted muffins. Emily picked one up, and started to eat it.

"You know, there is gonna be a movie premier here next month!" Tyra said, "Maybe he'll come see you!" She said.

"No, I don't think he's going to that premier." Emily sighed. Tyra and Celeste both sighed.

"I've gotta get back," Celeste said, "You guys coming?" She asked.

"Nah, I'm gonna chill here some," Emily said, "Bye." Celeste and Tyra left the shop after paying for the tray of muffins. Emily sat there thinking until the early hours of the day. (That's 1-5 A.M)

"Hey, we're gonna close up in a few minutes," Shorty said, "But you're welcome to stay until then." She put a cup of coffee on the table in front of Emily, and walked into the back. Emily picked up her phone to see the time and saw a missed message. It was from Thomas. Four hours ago. She tried calling back but she got voice mail. She put her phone down and suddenly it sprang to life. There was someone calling.

"Hello?" She asked.

"EMILY!" Thomas said from the other end of the line.

"Thomas!" She said back.

"How are you?" He asked.

"Just kinda exhausted!" She sighed, "and I miss you."

"I miss you too, but I'm coming next month!" He said.

"What if we've broken up by then? What if you can't make it here! What if your plane crashes, and you die!" She asked one question right after the other.

"We won't break up! And I'm sure I'll be there!" He sighed, "And I'm asking you as a date." He said. Emily's face brightened suddenly.

"What day is it?" She asked.

"I'm not sure, I'll let you know when I do!" He chuckled. Emily smiled, and they continued to talk for a long time.

"Hey, come on," Shorty said, "Its time to go home!" Emily nodded, and they walked out the door. Thomas stayed on the phone with her all night. When Emily finally fell asleep, and he hung up.

-

HEY! I'm ending this story! This is the second to last chapter! I know! So sad! Sorry! :'(