Chapter 4

A/N I just want to thank everyone who has read this story and my other one so far! For more great literature, check out goldendolans847's story Deal//G.D. She is amazing!

*Mrs. Weasley POV* (I know this POV is weird, but just thought I'd give it a try.)

Draco and Hermione were due to arrive any minute with Scorpius and Rachel. I couldn't wait. I finished setting the table with utensils and all the food I had made, along with the birthday cake. 

Draco always insisted that he didn't need one, but I saw how his eyes lit up when he saw it each year.

I heard a knock at the door. After V- he-who-must-not-be-named died, we had taken down the stronger wards, and I said they could apparate in whenever they wanted, but they were so old-fashioned, they said they would knock, like muggles. 

Whenever I asked them why they just retorted that it was the same reason I mostly cooked without magic.

I hastily wiped my hands on my apron and went to get the door.

"Draco, Hermione, Rachel, and Scorpius, how are you all doing? Oh and happy birthday Draco, dear!"

"Nana!" Scorpius and Rachel yelled, giving me a hug, I loved it when they called me that.

When I looked at Draco and Hermione, I knew immediately that something was up. The usually affectionate couple weren't holding hands, barely near each other, and they wouldn't meet each other's eyes. 

I wondered vaguely what was wrong, but over the years, I had learned not to probe my children or family, and I knew they would tell me in their own time, and probably not in front of their children.

"Albus, James, Lily, and Layla are all already here, so you two can go join them if you would like." The two children ran behind me following the shouts of laughter echoing from the drawing room. I waited very patiently for them to tell me what was happening, their eyes wouldn't meet mine. I sighed.

*Hermione POV*

Mrs. Weasley raised her eyebrow at us, wow, nothing ever got past this woman, did it? 

"We'll tell you later," Draco mumbled. I nodded. She still didn't look satisfied, but oh well.

We all went to sit down. Draco and I hugged Bill, Charlie, who was on break for a few weeks, Fred, George, Percy, Harry, Ron, Luna, and Zab-Blaise. Well, I hugged them, Draco mostly just shook their hands. 

I had apparently taught all the Weasleys how to use a cell phone because they ordered pizza, and gave it to the kids who cheered excitedly and went to sit at the 'kids table'.

The grown-ups all sat at a huge table outside, far away from the children.

"Now what the hell is going on?!" Fred and George yell-asked in unison.

"Fred and George Weasley, watch your language!"

"Sorry mum, what the heck is going on?!" they said in unison again while rolling their eyes.

"Is it really that obvious?"

"Yes," chorused the entire Weasley family, minus Ginny, of course.

"Oh," Draco and I sighed. I decided to tell them.

"This morning, I woke up and I couldn't remember being married to Draco or having two kids." There was silence. Then Bill cleared his throat and said timidly,

"I know, it must feel like just yesterday that you two stopped hating each oth..." He trailed off realizing what he said didn't make sense.

"So it's true."

"Unfortunately," Draco said sadly. I nodded, feeling myself well up with tears threatening to fall. Draco rubbed my back supportively, but I instinctively shied away, making him wince. 

"Sorry, sorry."

"It's fine," he muttered. I really did feel bad, but I mean I still remember him being, well, Malfoy. The same foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach, except that, wasn't him anymore, right? 

He loved me, and I loved him, supposedly, I would make this work, for the sake of our smart, beautiful children.

"Well anyway, we're going to try and rekindle our relationship by going on a date the day after tomorrow."

"Why not tomorrow?"

"We are watching Layla tomorrow."

"We are?"

"We are."

"Oh, alright." The rest of the night went by relatively quickly, besides all the questions we couldn't answer. At 9:30, Draco insisted it was time for us to leave, despite many protests. I apparated with Rachel, and Draco apparated with Scorpius back to our house.

We put our children to bed, and after that, I was exhausted. 

I went to the master bedroom and lay down. I was pretty much asleep when I felt someone lay down next to me. It was probably Draco, I would yell at him tomorrow, maybe. My mind was all foggy right now, so I didn't really care, I began to snore.

*Draco POV*

The next morning, I woke up very early. Hermione had rolled over, and now, I was on the floor. Of course, I almost laughed, except my back, head, and neck hurt a lot.

I got up, wincing, and decided to make us all breakfast. I got out the waffle iron. Let's just say it didn't go exactly as planned.

It started smoking and set off what Hermione calls 'a fire alarm.' It screeched and I covered my ears in pain. My two children ran into the room with pillows over their faces. I waved my wand and muttered "Silencio". The alarm stopped blaring. 

Hermione came down, looking exhausted. She screamed.

"What?! I turned it off, sort of."

"THE WAFFLE IRON IS ON FIRE, WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

"Um, made waffles?"

"AGUAMENTI!" The fire extinguished itself.

"Oh good one." Hermione stared at me and began to laugh, and I mean really laugh. How I missed her laughing, even if it was at my expense. I just wished she remembered.

A/N I know. This chapter is crap, but I promised my readers a chapter by the end of the weekend, and that is exactly what I did, so enjoy, feel free to give constructive criticism! Stormy Grey Meets Chocolate Brown has a new cover, and also 7.3K views, which is amazing! This story also has a new cover, which I love! Anyway, stay tuned for the next chapter! I am very busy though, so don't expect one very soon.

Word Count: 1047