Chapter 6

A/N I know I haven't published in forever, I have been busy and I hate myself for it, I will try to make this chapter extra long to make up for it, Enjoy!

*Layla POV*

I shouldn't have told her that. Now she'll think I'm depressed or something and tell my parents, even though I, was nice enough to keep her secret. I was never very close to 'Aunt Hermione' in the past, but what with her memory loss and all, maybe we could start fresh.

"You can't tell anyone."

"Wouldn't dream of it, I promise. But if you need anyone to talk to, and I know this sounds cheesy, but I was bullied in muggle school when I was younger, too." 

"Really? The amazing Hermione Malfoy was bullied?!" She cringed, probably from me calling her Hermione Malfoy. I smirked a smirk that could give Uncle Draco a run for his money. She smiled at me, one of those smiles I hated, the one of pitying grown-ups. I glared at her. Sensing the awkwardness she said,

"Anyway, when I was bullied-"

"What were you bullied for?"

"I read too much and when people made fun of me, one of their pencils would explode or something, and they all called me a freak."

"Oh, sorry," I said, not sounding very sorry at all. I had faced much worse, she had no idea.

"It's alright," she says, looking down. "Alright, I spilled, now you." I didn't want to tell her, I shouldn't have to tell her, she's not my mother.

"I-" I was saved by the bell, or rather, the door opening.

*Hermione POV*

"I-" She was about to answer, or maybe come up with an excuse when the door opened, and we were greeted by a very unstable, very drunk, Blaise Zabini, with a very annoyed Luna. 

"Hey, Hermione thanks for watching-" Luna started to thank me, looking extremely irritable towards Blaise, as he interrupted her.

"HELLO HERMIONE'S AND DRACO'S HOUSE!" Luna rolled her eyes, while Layla looked very amused. I was horrified, he acted this way in front of his child?!

"You do know Layla is here, right?"

"OH, I FORGOT, HEY LAYLA!"

"HEY DAD!" she shouted right back. I rolled my eyes.

"Are they always like this," I asked Luna.

"No," I was relieved but then she said, "usually, they're worse."

"Oh dear." While Luna and I were chatting up a storm, Layla and Blaise were still having a very loud, and heated conversation.

"Dad, I REALLY think you should get me a PINK phone!"

"A PINK PHONE, WHY WOULD YOU WANT THAT? EVERYONE KNOWS THAT LITTLE GIRLS SHOULD ASK THEIR PARENTS FOR A PONY!"

"FINE, I WANT A PONY THEN!"

"HEY LUNA, MY DARLING WIFE, AND SOULMATE CAN WE GET LAYLA A PONY?! I THINK SHE WANTS ONE. ALSO, WE SHOULD TAKE A VACATION! I WANNA GO TO DISNEY WORLD! WE CAN TAKE DRACO, HERMIONE, SCORPIUS, RACHEL, MY WONDERFUL SELF, YOUR WONDERFUL SELF, LAYLA'S WONDERFUL SELF, HARRY, GINNY, ALBUS, JAMES, LILY-"

"We get it, and no, we can't."

"BUT WHYYYYYYYYYYY?" Layla and Blaise complained.

"Hermione, you see what I'm dealing with?"

"Yeah, I'm kind of glad I can't remember that, although a vacation would be nice-"

"SHHH"

"Why?"

"Layla is in the room," Luna whispered.

"I can hear you, you know," Layla said, annoyed.

"She already knows."

"YOU TOLD HER?! SHE'S TOO YOUNG TO UNDERSTAND SUCH THINGS!"

"I DIDN'T TELL HER, SHE JUST... FOUND OUT, and she is old enough, she's more mature than you'd think."

"Of course, because you know my daughter so much better than me, I suppose, even though this is literally the first time you remember seeing her."

"Of course not, I just thought-"

"WHAT DID THE WONDERFUL HERMIONE MALFOY THINK!?" yelled Blaise gleefully. Luna and I were both on our feet, and we swiveled our heads towards Blaise.

"SHUT UP ZABINI!" We yelled at the same time. We blinked at each other and began to laugh, then we clutched each other and started to cry.

*Blaise POV*

It's official, I do not understand women, not at all. One second, they were at each other's throats, quite literally, with their wands. The next, they yell at ME, and start laughing, and giggling, as witches do. Then, all of a sudden, they're crying all over each other, in hysterics! What?!

I may be very, VERY drunk, but I am completely bewildered, and I showed it. My eyes widened, and my jaw dropped.

I looked over at my daughter who was wearing the same expression I was, then she turned to me, and smirked. Speaking of Draco, I wonder how he is holding up.

I was vaguely aware that my wife, and wife of my best friend, were still sobbing uncontrollably into each other's shoulders, while my bewildered daughter was looking onward, with a bemused expression.

How was Draco, after basically losing his wife, and the mother of his children? I mentally face-palmed. 

How would I have felt if I lost Luna? I would feel lost, and alone. I had married Luna 13 years ago, I had known Luna for almost 20 years, and I had loved her for 19. If she suddenly couldn't remember our love, our relationship, our children, us, honestly, I would have died inside.

 And that was probably exactly how Draco was feeling. Poor Draco, I did not envy being in his situation right now.

I staggered to the kitchen and grabbed a Pepper-up Potion, which I quickly drank, grimacing at the foul taste, feeling immediately better, I realized how tired I was and-

A/N I am going to publish three chapters this week since I feel so bad for not updating in so long. I am currently on a plane to Disney World in Florida, so I have plenty of time. Please understand that I have been very busy with school and work etc. So now that I am on vacation, writing this is my first priority. And this week, I'm going to Harry Potter World! 

[{|\***If you did not vote the last chapter, please go back and do that right now!***/|}] 

I really am sorry for not publishing for so long!

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

RECOMMEND

STAY TUNED

Word Count: 1035