Ch. 41

15/4/25

I guess I'm feeling a little better. I mean, I still him, and all. I'm also still convinced that I will never love anyone else again. Micah was my soulmate, and he's DEAD. If there is a God, why did he take my soulmate AWAY FROM ME??? I've finally accepted he is gone, and it hurts but I feel a little better which is a good start.

On the bright side, my grades are doing well enough that I might not have to do the semester final! Finals week is awful, and that's coming from me, Alexandra Marie Bailey. Grandma went away on one of her business trips again, so I'm home alone. I can ride the bus to school and make myself dinner and stuff. It sure is lonely. I tried calling Conner, but, as usual, he didn't respond. Not even Mom responded. The receptionist responded instead! It was super awkward. I totally froze up because I didn't know what to say to her! So I just pretended like I couldn't speak English and hung up real fast. I should probably start writing my English essay, and not this. Until next time!

Alex squeezed her eyes shut. A small tear ran down her face and she sighed. Arthur and Conner rested their hands on her back. Conner threw Arthur a look that read, 'I was here first'. Arthur stood his ground. Alex stood up from her crouched stance, and wiped her face with the sleeve of her pink hoodie, turning around to face the group. The Fairy Authority Team gaped at her.

"What?" Alex asked after sniffing again.

"Correct me if I am wrong, but she said the witch who murdered her was Morina, right?" Rosette peeped.

Alex gave Rosette a sideways look. "Yes," she answered slowly. "Why is this significant?"

"Because," Emeralda chimed in. "Morina is a witch from the Fairy Tale World, which means she might be working for Lloyd."

Alex pressed her lips together and bobbed her head up and down slowly. They walked away from the lake and the lady entering the forest of the unknown.

After a few miles of hiking, Alex noticed the sun was going down, and at the speed they were going, it was clear they weren't going to find a village anytime soon. Just as all hope was about to be lost, a little cottage with smoke emerging from its cobblestone chimney stood in the middle of the trees. How odd, Alex thought as she walked closer to it. Then, she realized who's cottage it belonged to.

"Merlin!" Alex shrieked with anticipation!

"Excuse you?" Conner said.

"Merlin!" she cried again. "It's Merlin's cottage!"

"Maybe, he'll give us a place to sleep," Arthur suggested.

"It's terribly small," Coral piped.

"No matter," Alex replied brushing it off. "He is a wizard, after all."

The group shrugged in unison and headed for the cottage. Alex knocked on the door. No answer. Alex knocked again. Finally, a little old man with a very long white beard came to the door.

"How dare you disturb an old man during his peaceful evening!" Merlin jabbed. "Now, shoo, you pesky children!"

"No! Wait, sir!" Alex cried putting her foot between the door and its frame. She winced when the door collided with her foot. "Please, we're sort of lost and are in need of a place to sleep. Can you help us?"

The old man thought for a moment. "Ah, I suppose so."

"Oh, thank you!" Alex exclaimed clapping her hands together.

***

Hey everyone! Sorry about the short chapter. It was a bit of a filler and I'm in a rush, but I got it in! Hope you enjoyed it, though!   -Flora