Chapter one.

1

"You'd think by now I would've known this day was coming, when my whole antisocial self would be thrown into "socializing" with the vast majority of muggles. Now, I am human as far as I know. but I don't think I agree with this breed." Pidge mumbled out loud as she stared off into the distance of many different colors of species...I mean humans that danced around.

Lance chuckled at her sourpuss attitude. "Hunk seems to enjoy the spotlight! His cookies are amazing!"

"They are pretty great, but why couldn't I have stayed home to enjoy them in peace? You know, I'd rather be finishing the physics project, or I could even get a head start to next month assignments. Yeah! If I get enough credits I could go to the same college as Matt, even-" Lance's hand gently shushed Pidge, speaking almost as a whisper. 

"-Pidgen, you know I understand your unsociable reasoning's I'm the same way. But, how about instead of checking off people as "muggles" we go congratulate Hunk for his cookies? And maybe, you know, dance!

Pidge outwardly groaned but followed along her friend, even though Lance McClain wasn't as antisocial as Pidge Holt; he still got anxious of what people thought of him, as if he could stop people's thoughts.

They made their way to Hunk saying a quick 'congratulations' as more people seem to surround them, they awkwardly both made their way to the dance floor avoiding the strange looks.

They got closer to the center of the dance floor Lance turned to Pidge to say something but a thump came before he could.

He bumped into someone knocking them both over, the shorter male landed harshly on his side his left wrist twisting in the process, Then of course Lance fell on top of the small male smacking his head off the ground. Both groaned loudly earning everyone's attention around them.

"I got it all on video..heh." Pidge commented as she slid her phone back into her jean pocket, she helped the two pained boys up.

"Lance...you're bleeding...um...emo looking dude is your wrist okay?" The boys who collided looked at each other, Lance's eyes widen quickly stuttering out, "Ke-Keith? I'm so sorry!" The male wearing all black, tilted his purple eyes up at Lance's blue eyes.

Keith wasn't social, not even a little. He nodded at the boy regretting all his life choices. But, as he started walking away; Pidge grabbed his arm softly, ready to apologize again. But, instead Keith flinched away; earning more concern stares from the group around them.

"Man, your wrist is black and blue...come on." Lance commented pushing Keith's shoulder gently.

Keith opened his mouth as if to speak but quickly shut it, he followed the concerned duo, he was thinking, 'Lance...you're bleeding and you're more worried about my wrist? you smacked your face off the concert. This? it's nothing! I had much worse.'

Pidge groaned walking past the many people staring, she could hear a bunch of whispering but cared not to try understanding the muggles at their worst. Drama.

She lead the boys down the empty hallway to the nurses office where they met with Allura. As they walked in all Allura saw was Lance's bleeding forehead and the guilty look on his face.

"Lance...What did you do this time..huh?" Allura moved from behind the counter seeing the emo boy, "Keith? Did something happen, again?"

Keith shook his head slowly averting eyes from everyone, she nodded slowly looking to Pidge for an explanation.

"Lance McStupid, knocked them both over and Keith's wrist is purple and Lances ego- I mean forehead is ruined."

Lance gently ruffled her hair mumbling to himself earning a small smirk from Keith, "Least I can get cookies off the top shelf."

Allura dragged the two injured to sit, making them sit side by side; shoulder to shoulder. Keith wanted to die inside, while Lance was mesmerized by how much Keith smelled like cinnamon.

'Like, did he wear cologne or something?'

"Lance, you will need at least two butterfly stitches, definitely. Keith...You want me to wrap it? you did sprain it...."

Keith glanced up and nodded slowly, 'way to make it obvious I have problems Allura!'

Pidge and Lance shared a look, 'why is Allura acting weird?'

Allura was everyone's favorite teacher she also was the schools nurse, sometimes leaving the classroom un-attended for a couple hours.

Allura "stitched" as in applied glue and pushed the cut together then applied butterfly bandaids, cause school nursing system sucks.

Lance was whimpering like a 'baby whale' as Pidge called it. Keith had a soft smirk on his face; not from the amusement of him in pain, but how much he looked like a baby.

"Keith...do you want me to contact..anyone?" Allura looked him over nervously.

Keith shook his head standing and holding his wrapped wrist.

"Hey, man, l-look I'm sorry I knocked you over." Lance stood getting the feeling Keith was angry.

Keith nodded seeing the nervous; apologetic, smile Lance gave. Keith smiled in return; one that didn't go unnoticed by Allura or Pidge.

The two males walked outside together quietly, "I never hear you talk, are you shy or something?"

Keith glanced at Lance through his raven bangs, he shrugged continuing walking, maybe he should've stayed with Pidge and Allura in the nurses.

"I mean...Like I heard you humming before when you got headphones in...Do you just not like people?"

Keith sighed coming to a stop by his locker, he opened it; avoiding the piercing blue stare, he grabbed a notebook ripping a somewhat scribbled drawing of a lion out, he wrote his number and wrote, 'I just don't speak.'

He handed Lance the note; he slammed his locker shut and taking his leave from the hallway. He thought nervously walking slightly faster. 'did I seriously give my crush my number?'

---------