Chapter Six

Alexander's phone calls were never ending this morning. The phone rang at least twelve times even within the last half hour. I continued making appointments for him and scheduling different meetings. He was busy himself with other sets of phone calls. There was a meeting we'd both be attending in a few minutes as soon as he finished his current call.

I managed to do all this all while getting him coffee and even his dry cleaning. He told me I didn't have to do that for him, but I wanted the full job and not special treatment.

Alexander exited his office looking flustered and stressed. "Are you ready?" He asked me, not looking up from his phone.

"Yes," I gathered the file and few papers I needed. I stood from the desk and tripped over my own two feet.

I prepared for the landing, but it never came. Arms wrapped around me and brought me into his chest. My now empty hands landed flat on his chest. I had never been this close to him before and he was intoxicating. His smell alone was enough to drive any woman crazy.

I awkwardly cleared my throat and took a step back. "Um, thank you." I mumbled. He looked at me with those same cloudy eyes I'd seen before that made my cheeks blush. I averted my eyes away from him and quickly gathered the papers that fell.

He had the same idea because we both bent down and ended up bumping heads. I fell back on my behind, holding my forehead.

He started laughing, what a beautiful sound.

What am I saying?!

"Let's just leave for the day." He said to me, we're still sitting on the ground.

I blinked. "What? No you have to go to this meeting." I said, amused.

He stood up and offered me a hand which I actually took and he helped me up. I adjusted the pencil skirt and held the rest of the papers to my chest since there were so many. He let out a jagged sigh. "Ready to die from boredom?"

I laughed. "I've been spending all my time with you, I can handle a meeting." I teased.

He playfully narrowed his eyes. "You're lucky I like you." He said before walking away.

I shook my head, I think I was actually beginning to like him too.

I followed Alexander into the meeting room where several men were seated at a long mahogany table. He took a seat at the head of the table and I took the seat next to him.

"Gentlemen," he greeted.

I took notes throughout the meeting and Alexander was right. I nearly did die from boredom. The whole things dragged on for three whole hours. Everyone had eventually left the room, leaving him and I.

I slumped back into the chair, my head going back against the rest. "That was awful," I groaned.

He chuckled, swiveling in his chair to face me. "That wasn't even as bad as usual."

I scoffed. "I quit,"

He shrugged. "You could,"

Shaking my head, I readjusted my self in the chair so I was sitting up. I rested my elbows on the table, hands folded as I rested my chin on top. "Nah, then I'll really die of boredom."

"Did I tell you about the gala this weekend?" He asked me.

I shook my head waiting for him to go on.

"It's another fundraiser type of event. We'll be attending and..."

I eyed him curiously. "And?"