Chapter Thirty

Four months later...

I woke up suddenly, feeling completely nauseous. I moved Alex's arm from my waist and ran over to the bathroom, puking my brains out. Must be the box of Girl Scout cookies I 'accidentally' ate...

I flushed the toilet and got up, wiping my mouth. I stood up to brush my teeth. A soft knock came from the door before my shirtless husband came walking in, his eyes still heavy from sleep and his hair tousled all around. "Ana, are you alright?" His voice was husky.

I nodded and pushed my self off the sink I was leaning on. "Yeah. Ate too many cookies." I laughed lightly.

He nodded, yawning. "Come back to bed, baby."

I followed him back as we got into the bed together, he instantly pulled my to him as he spooked me, keeping me as close as possible. His soft snores continued and I knew he was asleep. It's nearly three am so we didn't have to be up for a few hours.

But I couldn't sleep.

So I laid there in his arms, looking out at the moon that was shining brightly through the window.

I couldn't help but think back about the past few months. Living with Alexander in his world was anything but normal.

After all that happened with Dimitri, his court date was set a couple months after. He ended up getting 129 years in prison. So life basically. My mother was shocked at what he had done, but ultimately decided not to take any legal action toward him. It's unfortunate how she still remained loyal. Her and Collin still live at the large mansion, forever living off of Dimitri's money. Well whatever's left. After all the fines he's facing I doubt it'll last them five years.

My father got better and has almost completed his treatment. He's at a healthy weight again and has began doing tasks on his own. They were thankfully able to let him out of the hospital and he's begun to take back his life. He has a while before he'll be fully healed, but he's on the right track.

I had to tell him about everything. And boy did that go terrible. He didn't speak to me for nearly a week, but eventually came around and accepted everything that happened. He was more hurt that we didn't tell him, but ultimately grateful. I'd do this all over for him again if it meant he'd be healing. I know that if I hadn't taken the deal my dad most likely wouldn't be alive today.

Phillip and Amelia were officially granted citizenship and are now living freely with no threats over their heads. We celebrated that night and I'd never seen a family so happy. It's like a curse was lifted off of them.

Christmas was in six days and we were having it here at our place. Both sides of the family were coming and I was more than excited. I hadn't seen my parents since October and since dad can finally travel, they decided to come here.

After a few more hours of laying there with my own thought, I got up and went into the kitchen to make something to eat. I know I was sick earlier, but right now I could really go for some cereal. Or toast. Or eggs. All of it sounds good to be honest.

I rummaged around the kitchen until I found something I was satisfied with. I settled for the Cinnamon Toast Crunch I hide away in the back of the pantry so Alex doesn't find it.

I go and sit on the couch, clicking on the morning news. I mean there really isn't anything else to watch at six am anyway.

As I near the end of my cereal I start to feel queasy again. I put the bowl down on the coffee table and go into the bathroom off the living room.

I end up getting sick again and this time I have a feeling it's not just from the dozen cookies I ate.

I go into the living room quietly so I don't wake up Alex and get my phone. When I come back into the living room I dial the only person that can really confirm my suspicions.