Chapter Twenty Four

Hope you guys enjoy the new perspective!

Alexander's POV

"Everything needs to be on my desk by Thursday." I demanded to Paul, one of the many men I have spying on Dimitri. All I need is a little more proof to get this mother fucker.

"Mr. Knight I have my men doing all that's possible. We have to get his confession which is going to take some time—"

"We don't have time, Paul!" I snapped as I ran a hand through my hair. I knew that they were doing the best they could and Dimitri was very good at covering his tracks. I was getting married tomorrow so I knew Dimitri was more than ready to pull the trigger on his plan first. I had to be one step ahead.

I always wondered how Diana could ever marry a man like him. What blew my mind even more was wondering how a person such as Anastasia could come from a snake like Diana. Ana was the complete opposite of her mother. She was ambitious, funny, caring, and kind. I could keep going on and on about how they were opposites. Ana was a rarity in my world, she didn't seek money or fame. She was here with a purpose and everything about her was pure and truthful.

I remember meeting Anastasia for the first time, not when she walked into the room, stunning everyone in that beautiful dress she wore. No— she was thirteen. I was seventeen and had no romantic feelings towards her, but she captivated every eye in the place that night all those Christmas Eve's ago. She didn't belong here and everyone knew it. She was too good to be here amongst money hungry monsters like her mother and step-father.

It was my idea to bring her back to New York. I pitched the idea to Diana a few weeks before Anastasia arrived. I hadn't seen her in so long and I knew Diana was looking for a new way to get back into the spotlight. Once I saw her I was nearly stunned at how beautiful she was. I hated the way other men looked at her and that's when I had the better part of my idea. She would live with me. Not just for my sake of saving the company, but to protect her from men that I knew would just use her. I would never do that to her. Someone like her self deserved the world and I wanted to be the one to give it to her. But I knew she wouldn't be excited about the arrangement.

I finally felt Anastasia and I were in a good place. I cared for her, that's certain. I didn't want her with anyone else, but that was a selfish thought. She hates it here and I would never force her to stay. I could only hope that maybe after all this was over she'd see this more than just some deal.

Today was my final day of work before the wedding tomorrow. My mother was keeping track of everything which was an immense help. Anastasia insisted on coming to work as well to help get any odds and ends done. That was another thing I admired about her. She was a hard worker and always up for a challenge.

Paul's long sigh brought me out of my thoughts and back to reality. "I'll do my best." He said and I hung up, not having anything else to say about it.

A soft knock came from my door and I was hoping it'd be Anastasia. Seeing her made me forget about everything going on. I was only able to focus on her. Even when she wasn't around my thoughts always drifted to her.

Much to my disappointment, it was one of my employees bringing me some papers I requested. He quickly went away after dropping them on my desk, closing the door behind him.

The phone began ringing and I looked down, letting out a grunt of annoyance.

"Hello?" I answered in a bored tone.