34

Four years later
--------

"Hansung-ah!" You called happily.

"Mommy!" Your little boy shouts back as he runs to you. He hugged you tightly around your legs as you ruffled his hair.

"How was school?" You asked him while walking back home, his small hand only able to hold two of your fingers.

He looked to the floor as he didn't say anything. You stopped walking and slowly crouched in front of him before cupping his small face.

"Did something happen at school again?" You looked at him with questioning eyes as he slowly nodded.

"Did they bully you again?" You asked with worry. Again he nods his head and you hugged him tightly.

"Why would they pick on me? Just because I don't have a dad?" He sobbed, almost unable to speak as your heart ached at the sight. "Are you embarrassed for having me?"

His words pained you as you hugged him. "Hansung how could think like that?" Your voice hitched as you stayed strong in front of him. "You're my biggest pride. You're the best thing that happened to me."

You released the hug as the boy spotted some tears in the corners of your eyes. "Mommy loves you very much. As much as a mom and dad together."

"But what about my dad?" He asked with a sad tone. "I see everyone's mommy and daddy coming to school to pick them up, but you always come alone."

You fell silent for a second. "Hansung ofcourse you have a dad too. But he's in a place very far from here so it's hard for him to pick you up every school day."

"Why? Because he doesn't love me?" He asked as tears appeared in his eyes.

"No no honey." You said keeping him calm. "He loves you, very very much."

"Then when's he coming back? I want to see him."

"We'll go visit him someday." You said.

"Do you promise?" He asked as he wiped his tears and had hope of meeting his father.

"I promise." You reassured him as a smile appeared on his face.

The smile that reminded you so much of Taehyung.

-------

You arrived back home. After Taehyung's death you've decided to move to a smaller apartment. After everything that happened you just wanted to leave that house, there were many traumatizing moments that had happened there. Even though there were happy moments too you couldn't stay there any longer especially not when you were expecting your little boy. You wanted a fresh start.

The guys were all really supportive. They particularly all stayed by your side. sadly Namjoon and Joy went back to their own hometown spending their life together. Seokjin also went back while the others lived close to you so they came by pretty often. Especially Jungkook has been great ever since the birth of Hansung. That's why he became Hansung's godfather.

You unlocked the door of your apartment, seeing Jungkook in the kitchen as he prepared your meals.

"I didn't know you were stepping by." You said with a chuckle.

"I had time so I thought why not make dinner for you and my favorite nephew." Jungkook replied. "Come here little one!" He said full of enthusiasm as he spread his arms ready to hug Hansung really tightly.

"Daddy!" He said happily as he ran to him. He smiled widely as he rests his head on Jungkook's warm chest.

Your smile faded as you got uncomfortable while Jungkook's eyes grew bigger of surprise. "Hansung what are you saying?" You said with a uneasy laugh. "It's uncle-"

"Sst-" Jungkook sushed you as he placed a finger onto his lips. "I'll take care of this."

"Buddy." He started as he took a deep breath. "Who's your dad?"

"You?" He replied.

Jungkook shook his head. "You call every handsome uncle 'dad' but what if your real dad comes back? Wouldn't he be very sad?"

"I guess, but I don't know who my dad is."

"Someone really handsome, he looks almost exactly the same as you." Jungkook said smiling.

"Hansung why don't you go sit at the table then mommy will help uncle with cooking." You said as he agreed.

"When are you planning to tell him about Taehyung?" Jungkook asked you quietly as you stopped your actions.

You gave him a pleading look as he sighed. "Not this conversation again." You said.

"He needs to know, the sooner the better. That way he can process is better." Jungkook told you as you deep down knew he was right.

"But he's still so young. I don't want to break it for him."

"It's only going to be harder when he gets older. You have to tell him soon because he's already four years old he'll start to understand things a lot better. We can't fool him for the rest of his life if his dad isn-"

"I know, just...give me some time to mentally prepare myself."

--------

It was late in the evening as Jungkook was leaving. Before that he quietly opened the door of Hansung's room as he saw you putting him asleep in your arms.

"Its parents day at school tomorrow right?" He asked softly as he came to you and looked at the sleeping boy.

You replied with a soft "yeah" before putting Hansung in his bed as Jungkook nodded.

"Would you mind if I would go too? You know, as Hansung's godfather." He asked.

"I think he'd really like that." You smiled. "Thanks, for everything you do for my little boy."

"It's nothing. I really like that kid and I'd do anything for him." He said as you smiled with teary eyes.

"Sorry, that really sounded like something Taehyung would say. I miss him I really do." You sobbed softly as he hugged you and caressed your hair.

"We all do." He whispered. "If only I didn't-"

"Don't blame yourself. Please don't no one could've stopped it it all happened so fast." You said wiping your tears.

"Will you be okay?" Jungkook asked as he was about to leave.

"You nodded in response. "Be safe on your way back."

You let him out and waved at him until he was no longer in sight. Just before you were closing the door you saw a black figure standing in a distance. Only able to see the lower half of the face.

"T-Taehyung?" You stuttered softly as your heart started to beat faster.

You couldn't believe your own eyes and opened the door a bit wider. You took a look again, but the figure wasn't there anymore.

You sighed deeply and ran your fingers through your hair. "I must miss him so much that I'm hallucinating." You mumbled to yourself before closing the door.