Chapter 3

This is Alex Grant played by Robbie Beeser. He's gorgeous!

I pushed the high school doors open and tried to keep my head up. "Head up high, stand up straight," I thought to myself. I had to act confident and proud, just like my dad. I could feel people's stares, they weren't even subtle. I guess guys were just as judgy as girls. 

"Isn't that General Price's kid?"

Everyone was whispering like I was the most important person in the world. I looked at Davina who was checking a group of guys out and from what it looked like, they were all doing the same to her. 

She smirked and whispered, "I might have to cut my hair and come to this school too." 

I had to admit, the group was all very attractive. Literally none of them had flaws. This would be harder than I thought to keep my cover. I couldn't catch feelings. 

My mother, Davina and I walked into the head mistresses office and began to chat. Her and my mom seemed to know each other. She looked very young, like my mom, and beautiful. Probably only 35 tops. I'm honestly surprised boys didn't purposely get sent in here. But then again, she also looked like she could be strict and mean when it was needed. Hopefully I would never have to see that side of her. 

She gave me a warm smile

She gave me a warm smile. "It's nice to meet you Evan. I was a close friend to your father, I'm sorry about your loss. My name is Head Mistress Adams, but in private you can just call me Kora." 

"It's nice to meet you too. You have a nice school here, the boys seem... polite." I tried my best to speak in a voice as deep as possible.

She laughed softly, "I'm sure you'll fit in perfectly here. Your room key is over on the hook. You can grab it and go unpack." 

I grabbed the key we all left the room. 

Once I unlocked the door and looked around, I was happy to notice that the room was somewhat clean. A boy looked up from his desk and gave me a small smile before standing up. 

He shook my hand, "Hey what's up. My name's Zander." 

"Hi. I'm Evan." 

Zander smiled at me and let me just say his eyes were beautiful. So blue, wow. 

We talked for a while, and of course Davina flirted with him

We talked for a while, and of course Davina flirted with him. This girl needed to get control of herself. I unpacked and realized that the time had come to say goodbye. I looked sadly at my mom and best friend.

"Text or call if you need anything. I love you girl, you got this. Make papa Price proud." Davina whispered while hugging me. 

"I love you too Davina." I said smiling. 

I looked at my mom who had tears in her eyes. We were so close after my dad died, I knew this was hard for her. Now she would be all alone in the house, well Axel would still be there of course. I missed my big teddy bear of a dog already. 

"Bye mom, I'll be back home before you know it. Stay strong, I love you." 

She hugged me tightly, "Your father and I love you dearly. You doing this makes him proud up in heaven. I just know it." 

After saying their goodbyes, they left the room, leaving me alone with my handsome new room mate. 

"So, what do people do around here for fun?" I asked. 

"Well, there's this hangout area a few miles off campus that a few people go to. But it's usually just Alex's group and they don't really like outsiders so usually I just hang out around here." He answered me nicely, but he had a hint of sadness in his voice. I wanted to ask about who was Alex was, but I could tell he didn't really want to talk about it. 

"Well, if you're not busy maybe you can give me a tour?" I laughed, "this place is huge." 

His frown lifted to a slight smile, "Sure. Follow me," He said walking out of our room. 

He showed me where all my classes were, along with the gym and cafeteria. Then he brought me to a long hallway of lockers and helped me with my combination. 

"People don't usually use them but at least now you-" he paused looking at something behind him. Fear instantly took over him. "We should go. Now." 

He turned to walk away but someone behind me called his name. The voice was deep and somewhat raspy. I thought it was sexy, but apparently Zander didn't feel the same way. I turned around to see five guys. They were the same ones checking out Davina earlier. Getting a closer look at them made me realize I was in deeper shit than I thought. They were like gods. They walked right past me like I didn't exist and the tallest one pushed Zander into a locker. 

"Please don't hurt me Alex. I did your essay for English like you asked," Zander practically squealed. 

So that was Alex. I was mesmerized, it was like I was in some sort of trance or something. I snapped out of it the second I heard a punch. Alex's fist hit Zander's jaw extremely hard, almost knocking the poor kid out. I decided it would be best to step in. Because yeah, I would be able to fight this 6 foot tall military boy. 

"Hey, what the hell did he do to you! He said he did your stupid essay, is this some weird way of saying thank you? Why can't you just use your words. Oh wait, maybe you don't know how. I guess that must be why he has to write your essays huh?" His jaw tightened and his eyes snapped towards me. He looked beyond mad. Uh oh. Stupid me. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I began to back up as he walked toward me with his fists clenched. 

The last thing I remember was hearing "Fuck you," as I got punched dead in the face. Then all I saw was black and utter nothingness. This my friends, was the definition of a perfect knock out.