Chapter 9: "Smooth Criminals"

(Somewhere...)

"He is really cute!" A coffee barista mumbles to her co-workers at the counter while peeking, or to be precise, attentively checking a good looking guy at the table beside the glass wall.

"He is! And he's more handsome that any celebrity guys out there" Another girl concedes with tee-hee.

"Too bad he's out of our league. He's almost perfect. I wish I am decent enough to be called pretty. Too bad my face is just average."

"Even if your face is similar to a beauty queen. I highly doubt you'll get his attention. I've been working here for five years already. And never, even once, I saw him entertain any of those girls who hit on him no matter how gorgeous they are. So please cut your fantasy of him and just let me work in peace here since your shifts are done." A barista guy spoke urging his two teenage fellow workers to go. He's a bit upset.

"Shut up Oppa! We don't care. Just looking at his handsome face is enough for us."

"He is probably gay. Seriously, how can he resist those pretty girls who flirt with him? They're so damn hot! But then he just treats them cold." The guy insisted.

"Or probably a guy who loves his girlfriend so much to the point that he still wait for her at the same time, spot and day not minding that it's been five years already since he first waited her. Who can't fall for a romanticist like him?"

"I'm telling you, that guy didn't even know who he is waiting."

"What?!!! How did you know?" The two girls gasped.

"Simple, I asked him. I was fed up by my curiosity three years ago too. He told me that he doesn't know what, why or who is he looking for. But something inside him is forcing him to do it. And that if he doesn't follow that urge, he'll be depressed for a whole month, causing him to commit suicide."

"Suicide???" The teen duo yelled out of surprise, making the other customers of the café looking at them. They then asked for forgiveness while taking a bow.

"Geez! Can you lower your voice girls?"

"Sorry..."

"Oppa please continue."