THE ONE

C H A P T E R F I V E

E L E N A H A R T

••••••••

DROPPING THE FOLDER filled with the information I needed, Alissa stared down at me with a look of victory.

"Julia Newman. She's in the year below. Beautiful. Bubbly. Blonde. Exactly his type. She's a cheerleader- well known and favoured amongst everyone. She's perfect. Almost too perfect."

Raising my eyebrows at the information, I cracked a wide grin. "Woah. You're really good at this." Praising Alissa for a job well done, she smiled. "I try." Flicking her hair behind her shoulder, she jumped onto my bed, relaxing as soon as her back hit the plush comfort of my mattress.

"She could literally be the one. It's a perfect match." I excitedly cheered, opening the folder and re-reading everything that Alissa had just told me.

"Exactly! To top it, she seems like a nice girl." Quirking a surprised look, I hummed.

"Not the stereotypical cheerleader then, I see. I like it. Now we just need a plan to somehow get them to meet." I started, pacing around the length of my immaculate bedroom.

Eyeing me, Alissa nodded. "Only problem is...will Sebastian cooperate?" At the sound of his name, I rolled my eyes, my hand brushing against the surface of my cream coloured desk as I took a seat and swivelled around to face Alisa's curious self.

"Oh don't worry about that. He's definitely going to cooperate. Besides, he seemed to like what he saw when I pointed her out in the lunch hall, the other day." Averting my gaze back to the brown folder, I crossed one leg over the other.

"Oh-." Alissa began, her eyes glued to her phone. "- my informer just texted saying that she'll be at the mall in- an hour!" Eyes widening at her words, I cracked an amused grin. "You should be a private investigator. You even have an informer. Damn Alissa." Laughing at the proud look that was plastered onto her face, she opened her mouth to speak. "Now how are we going to get her and Sebastian to meet?"

Without answering her question, my eyes zoomed in onto my phone that rested against the surface of my cream coloured desk.

Reaching for it, I clicked a few buttons and the next thing I know I was holding the phone up to my ear, waiting for Sebastian to pick up.

Before we could greet each other, I jumped straight to the point. "Meet me at the mall at- 2:30."

Sighing in response, there was movement on the other. "Fine. I trust you have a plan?" He asked, causing my lips to curve upwards.

"I sure do." I told him, waiting for his response. All I received was a mere sigh.

"Right then, I'll meet you there. Bye." Replying with a nod; which he obviously wasn't able to see, Sebastian hung up.

Rising to my feet, I sauntered over to my wardrobe and grabbed my oversized jean jacket, pulling it on and gesturing for Alissa to follow.

"I'm guessing you've got a plan?" She asked as I shut the door behind her and followed her to her car. "I sure as hell do." Smiling back at her, we slipped in and I rested back against the passenger seat as I told Alissa my plan.