OH MY

C H A P T E R
N I N E T E E N

E L E N A H A R T

•••••••

CURLING THE LAST strand of brown hair, I pushed it behind my ear and added any finishing touches, adding volume where need to be and spritzing on some hairspray to keep the now-loose curls prominent.

Brushing away the creases in my outfit, I admired it, staring with observing eyes at my own reflection.

"You look amazing." Alissa chimed, pulling me from my thoughts. A half smile spread across my lips as I muttered a small 'thank you'.

"So do you. It'll be a hassle trying to keep the guys off you." I joked, laughter ringing around my ears as she shook her head, pushing herself from off the bed. "Well, don't keep them all off of me." She winked.

At her words, my eyes widened and a series of laughter escaped from my parted lips. Alissa truly was quite the flirtatious girly girl, but it's what added a kick to her personality. Besides, it wasn't like she was out to bring every single guy to their knees, it was only a little flirting. That couldn't possibly have done anyone any harm.

"Ready?" She'd asked checking the time and the moment she'd asked, the sound of a car horn beeping sounded, it came from outside.

"Oh. He's here." I replied, grabbing my phone and gesturing for Alissa that we were ready to leave.

Colin waited outside, parked in his car and ready to take us to the party that we'd waited for all week to come. And thankfully, it was Friday night and we were on our way.

Smirking in a mischievous manner, Alissa shook her purse. "Oh. What do we have here?" Through narrowed eyes, I tilted my head to the side. "We are not getting drunk before we've even got there!" I remarked, rolling my eyes as Alissa ignored my comment and resumed in peeling open her clutch purse and digging for small glass bottles; the kind you'd find in a fridge in a hotel room.

Colin peered through the mirror and grinned. "I'll pass." He spoke up, causing Alissa to shrug as she downed the remains.

Holding the tiny bottle up to me, she wriggled her eyebrows and grinned. "I'll drink when I'm there, thank you very much."

Just five minutes later, we'd finally arrived. Jacob Reeves was the guy hosting the party tonight and I was honestly glad about that seeing as he had a tendency to throw the best parties with the best music and the best vibe and atmosphere.

Stepping out into the chilly breeze, I rubbed my hands against my arm, licking my lips as I scanned my surroundings.

Nothing had gotten too wild, there were people I'd recognised dancing and drinking, but it hadn't gotten too extreme. Then again, the party had only begun.

Suddenly, an arm wound around my waist, a sudden rush of heat enveloping my body as Colin pulled me into his side.

It wasn't the kind of 'heat' I'd experienced with someone else. It was merely the kind when you were close to someone and had their body warmth wrap around your own like a cosy blanket.

Leading the way, Colin pulled me along, firmly keeping me at his side in case I'd; for some reason; get lost amongst the seas of bodies.