LOVE HURTS

C H A P T E R S I X T E E N

E L E N A H A R T

•••••••

THE MOVIE HAD ended as the credits appeared and the lights went from its dimmed setting to full brightness.

I would've enjoyed the movie for sure if my mind hadn't been occupied with other things. More specifically; Sebastian.

It was utterly ridiculous that I couldn't sit through a movie without actually watching it.

Shuffling out from the row as I stared at my feet, determined to not trip over them and make a tumbling mess of myself, I reached the bottom of the steps. "Did you enjoy the movie?" Colin asked, his hand clasping my own.

Averting my gaze to look down at our entwined fingers, I stretched a smile onto my lips. With a nod, I answered him. "Yeah. It was good." It was a lie obviously.

"Did you guys enjoy it?" Colin asked from over his shoulder, politely acknowledging Loren and Sebastian.

Arms wrapped around Sebastian, Loren grinned like a madwoman, the brightness of her eyes causing me to narrow my own into slits. "We didn't really watch it, if I'm being honest." Giggling at her words, she smiled up at Sebastian.

Sebastian on the other looked down at her, but he didn't quite sport the same expression as her. Sure, he was smiling. But it wasn't a grin. Not at all.

Rolling my eyes at the way she annoyingly batted her lashes at Sebastian, I held down a groan.

Mid eye roll, I felt a pair of eyes on me. Pausing, I turned only to catch Sebastian's raised eyebrows.

Eyes widening for a split second I completely shielded my face from sight as I turned to fully face the front. "Come on, I'm hungry." I spoke up, lightly squeezing Colin's hand as he nodded in response.

"Alright. Let's go. There's a really nice food place round the corner. We can walk." Smiling up at him, I hummed in appreciation and walked side by side with him out the doors of the theatre.

By now, the skies were dark, the sun was gone and the moon had replaced the beaming ball of light.

Pulling my coat tighter around myself as a chill swept down my body, I shivered. "It's freezing." I laughed it off, teeth chattering as I spoke.

Chuckling in response, Colin's eyes lit up and his lips curved upwards into an amused expression. "It sure is." He agreed.

"I'm cold too, hold me?" Loren asked, staring up at Sebastian with vulnerable eyes as she rubbed her arms for extra heat.

Sporting a blank expression, I stared at Sebastian from over Colin's shoulders.

Catching my stare, Sebastian looked up. We locked eyes and I swear, the minute it happened I felt like the world had stopped.

Like it was just him and I.

And then reality kicked in. He was here with Loren and I was here with Colin.

That's how it was supposed to be.

Forcing my eyes to move from the locked gaze it partook in, I looked down at the ground, and a solemn expression spread across my face.