BUTTERFLIES

C H A P T E R N I N E

E L E N A H A R T

••••••••

FUMBLING WITH MY things, I scrambled to leave through the doors of the school.

I decided I would go and check up on Alissa today since it was Friday and she'd sadly been off the whole entire week.

I'd missed her, so when I'd texted her asking if I could swing by; she called me crazy for even having to ask; and told me I could come whenever I was free.

Well, it was Friday night and I didn't have any plans, so spending time with Alissa seemed like a good idea. We could catch up and I could tell her all about Sebastian and I's conversations.

At the thought of his name, I stopped in my tracks. I hadn't seen him around since this morning when he picked me up from my house. It was unusual because throughout this week it had become a tendency of mines to be with him.

To keep him from reducing his flirting with the much smaller percentage of girls that he seemed to always be around. That alone was the only reason.

Giving me lifts had become an unsaid thing as every morning he'd collect me and take me with him to school, then drop me off home afterwards. Neither of us discussed it- well, I didn't want to. So we didn't.

The short journeys usually consisted of the two of us chatting about the lead up to the date I was planning to set up between him and Loren.

Sebastian didn't seem that excited about it, but that was expected.

Waiting for him just outside the doors of the school, I took a moment to stare down at my phone, scrolling through unread notifications and even choosing to reply to some.

"Hey, you ready?" Turning to take a look at Sebastian, I smiled softly. His dark locks sat messily on his head, one strand astray from the rest.

With a nod, I moved aside, giving him space to move by me.

Taking these actions as confirmation, he lead the way, fishing for his keys and unlocking the car.

Before I could touch the door handle, a voice called out to me from behind.

Looking over my shoulder, my cheeks suddenly flushed as I became conscious as to how I looked in front of the boy that seemed to be walking towards me.

A smile graced his lips and there was a light that seemed like it would never dull in his forest green eyes.

"Colin. Hey." Retracting my hand from the sleek black car, I fully turned around.

From head to toe, I'd examined him, biting my lip for a mere second as my eyes seemed to appreciate the view. "How are you? I've not seen you since-"

Cutting him off, I jumped in. "Monday." By now, I had surely gone a dark red colour. How embarrassing! That sounded so desperate. Oh god.

Smiling and coming across as unfazed, he tucked his hands in his pockets, tilting his head to the side as his lips curled into a full blown grin.