9 | today is the day i finaly touch the top shelf!

//unedited//
Dear Charlie,

      Today is the day that I touch the top shelf.

"That was fun, but I need a hair brush." I commented as we walked off the helicopter pad.

Archer let out a laugh and patted my bee-hive of hair. "I like it."

I huffed. "Of course you like it, it makes you look better compared to me."

Archer stopped and put both hands on each of my shoulders stopping me from walking away. "Hazel, that's not true.....I look handsome wether or not you look like that or not."

I rolled my eyes. "Your hilarious."

He laughed at his own joke and walked off the pad with me trailing behind his Empire State long legs. I reached him rut when he entered the mansion on the left side of the building.

Pulling it open I walked in and caught up to Archer right when he stopped in his tracks.

I was going to ask why he suddenly stopped but decided against it when I heard voices coming from the end of the hallway.

"A commoner! Why in bloody hell would he touch such a creature?"

"George calm down!"

I recognized the second voice to be the Queen, and by rule of elimination I decided that the first was the king-Archers Dad.

The rounded the corner and we finally saw them-proving my guesses to be true. The king caught sight of Archer and stormed in our direction, effectively dragging the Queen along with him.

The queen gave me a sad smile as they finally made the somewhat long walk to us. "Your still with her! Son, we talked about this." George yelled.

Archer took a step forward, effectively blocking my view of the King, putting a barrier up in between us. "She's my friend, and I'm allowed to do what I want."

The friend word stung a little, bit I shrugged it off.

"But she's not royalty, go to your room this instant!"

"I'm not your little pawn anymore, I'm 21 years old and I'm allowed to do what I want with my life." He yelled with the same level of vigor.

Wait, he was three years older than me. That's new information.

"Honey, listen to your son. Do you remember when we where their age?" The Queen asked, placing a hand on her husbands shoulder.

He shrugged it off and she looked wounded by the action, turning and walking away knowing she wasn't needed there. I followed, not wanting to be in the way between the two strongest people in the country.

Running in my scuffed up converse I reached the fast moving Queen and grabbed her hand much to her suprise.

"Tea?" I suggested-not knowing if the stereotype was true.

"I'd love some." She answered with a sad smile.

I grinned gratefuly and she led me to the kitchen, she gave me a side glance signaling for me to start making tea-which I had no idea how to make.

It took about 10 minutes of struggling when I finally produced something that resembled hot water. I poured it into a cup and handed it to her, she smiled at out it off to the side.

I gave her a confused look but sat down across from her anyway.

"It's the thought that counts honey, when you didn't use a pot I knew you didn't know how to make it." She said.

I blushed a deep red, full of embarrassment. How could I be so stupid?

"So what's up with you and my son?" She asked rather bluntly.

I almost choked but kept calm to not embarrass myself again. "We're just friends, that's all."

She didn't look convinced. "How'd you even find that young man? I can barely keep track of him as it is." She joked.

I gave off a small laugh. "I saw him at the Toy shop in London."

That made her smile. "He's always loved that toy shop, used to go there everyday."

I smiled and nodded my head slightly. This woman was an amazing mom, and wife. She was kind and sweet but blunt at the same time.

I loved this woman.

She got up from her chair and poured my tea out of the cup and into the sink. She gave me a small smirk-one that resembled the boy down the hall-and walked out of the kitchen, motioning for me to follow her.

She walked down the hallway and into the room that she once came out of the last time I was here. The infamous door that almost hit her son when Archer was showing me around the palace.

We walked in and I instantly fell in love with this place, it had shelves and shelves full of books. The rows flew off into the distance and I couldn't even see the end of the room, It's was amazing.

It had two floors to the library, a spiral staircase connecting them both. And ladders that stretched up the bookshelves surrounding us.

I squealed when I realized that the ladders went all the way up. "I can finally reach the top shelf!"

Queen Charlotte laughed. "Archer just put those in yesterday, because of you."

That's stopped me in my tracks. "What?" I asked, not knowing if I heard her right.

"Archer said he met a girl at the library who couldn't reach the top shelf, after he helped her he had the idea of putting in ladders. You know, just in case the girl came here one day."

Wow, the ladders where for me?

I'm going to kill Archer for spending money on me.

"It's beautiful." I stared after staring at the library once again.

"Mother I was supposed to show her!"

I spun and saw that Archer had entered in without me knowing. He walked up beside me and leaned in to whisper in my ear. "What are you waiting for? Touch the top shelf."

Ignoring the shiver that ran down my spine I ran towards the ladder and climbed it with all of might, today is the day that I touch the top shelf!
-
-
Thoughts? —->