Accidents Happen

It was a bit of an accident really. It started out great but then it just got confusing. They were all having a blast of a day, no Decepticon activity and it was a weekend!

The three Autobot guardians sighed as the looked down at their once human partners. Their friends had been turned into sparklings. The problem is... Nobody knows how...

Ratchet came up with the theory that the amount of noise from Miko's rock music may have contributed towards this. His theory was that some miniature sound barrier made by the loud rock music collided with the frequency signature from Raf's laptop, causing it to explode and then create a reaction. The reaction being human gets turned into baby robot.

"Ratchet, is there any way to reverse the effects?" Optimus asked as he smiled slightly at the sparklings that gurgled at their guardians.

"Optimus, we do not even know what caused this. I do not know if my theory is even close to being correct and we have no way to confirm it" sighed the old medic although he did have a small smile on his face at the adorable sparklings.

Jack, Miko and Raf were now the equivalent of 2 month old babies. Physically not mentally but the 'Bots didn't know that. Mainly because there was no way to tell what was going on inside a sparklings brain as a cortical psychic patch would be harmful on their young bodies. Also the fact that the once humans just couldn't find a way to tell them. They could understand each other though so that relaxed the. A bit.

"At least their calm now" Arcee said as she looked at the sliver and black mechling sat up in her arms.

"Yeah that was a nightmare" Bulkhead chuckled a bit as he stared down at the black and neon-streaked femmling wiggling around in his arms.

Bumblebee beeped his agreement as he gazed down at the white and orange-streaked mechling cradled in his arms.

Ratchet and Optimus watched their team as they seemed relaxed and happy with the little ones. Although they did chuckle a bit at the comments made about earlier.

Jack, Miko and Raf were lying on the ground after the explosion that came out of no where. They attempted to lift themselves up but found that they didn't have the strength. They tried calling for help but found that only squeaks, clicks and chirps left their mouths however they could understand each other perfectly. They attempted to stay calm but found themselves crying aloud and couldn't control it.

"WHAT HAPPENED?!" Ratchet exclaimed as he looked down at a black and silver sparkling.

The sparkling looked up at Ratchet and began crying. Jack couldn't stop himself, he was so scared and that loud noise just didn't help!

"Oh shhh sparkling" Ratchet crooned as he picked up the mechling and rocked him "everything is going to be alright"

"Now let's see if we can find the other two" Ratchet sighed. How on Cybertron did this happen?!

Bumblebee picked up the orange and white one which was still crying. The poor scout had no idea what to do so Arcee took the sparkling and began rocking him and murmuring to him.

Optimus found the third which was no different to the other two. This one was a femmling so they all knew that one was Miko. The Prime cradled The little black and pink-streaked femmling in his arms as he softly cooed trying to get her to cease her crying.

Suddenly all the crying stopped and the sparklings looked up at the person holding them in confusion. What the hell was going on?

Miko sat up in Optimus' arms and looked for Jack and Raf. They had done the same and had found her too and then the crying began again. It seemed they couldn't cope with the shock and all they could do was cry.

Optimus, Arcee and Ratchet returned to comforting the sparklings as Bumblebee contacted Bulkhead to return to base.

In the end they had found that the silver and black mechling wanted Arcee and the orange and white one wanted Bumblebee. That's how the 'Bots found out which one was which.

Now they had a problem. How were they going to hide this from the children's parents and explain this to Agent Fowler?

For now they would focus on their young- now younger- friends.

"I think we will need to we separate the care of the sparklings between all of us due to our different focuses"

"Ratchet is right. It would not be fair to leave you three to care for the sparklings by yourselves, especially you Bumblebee" Optimus agreed.

"What's wrong with me?"

"Nothing is wrong with you Bumblebee, you are just very young" Optimus calmed the young scout.

"Doesn't mean I won't be able to look after Raf"

"You can still look after him but the duty will be handed to Ratchet and I for the night"

"Optimus! Night duty?! Sparklings?!" Ratchet protested.

"I am afraid so, old friend. I believe our warriors need their rest"

"Don't you guys need rest too?" Arcee asked.

"Yes, I do" Ratchet bluntly stated.

"Not as much as you three do. Ratchet works from base meaning he will not be engaged in many physical activities"

"And what about you?" Bulkhead couldn't help but question.

"I tend to recharge less than the normal amount of time"

"Well, you guys can't take them every night because if we are gonna be out on missions all the the time then that means a Ratchet is basically their nanny" the two wheeler pointed out.

"I will be taking the sparklings most nights and some days when I am not needed"

"Optimus really, you don't have to" Bulkhead squinted his optics. Was it just him or was Optimus acting weird?

"We will figure this out tomorrow. Right now I believe it is a suitable time to recharge" the Prime took the three sparklings, bid everyone a goodnight and headed towards his quarters.

"Hey guys, so it just me or was Optimus acting just a teeny bit weird back then?" Bulkhead asked the ones that remained as he watched his leader turn the corner.

"Yeah, my first thought was that he wanted to be equal but then he took most of the sparkling duty" Arcee added.

"Maybe he just likes sparklings," Bumblebee buzzed.

"I believe it has something to do with his past on Cybertron" Ratchet sighed. He obviously knew so,etching the others didn't. After all, the medic is one of the Prime's oldest and most trust worthy friends.

"Which is?" Bulkhead said rather obnoxiously.

"It is not my place to tell" Ratchet continued with his task.

The three Autobot guardians stared at the red and white medic before bidding each other goodnight and leaving the main room for their quarters.