Long Nights

The three sparklings in Optimus' arms chirped to each other. Optimus smiled down at them thinking they were making noises that a sparkling this young would but in fact they were having a conversation.

"Dude! What happened?!"

"Don't you think we would help the bots find a cure if we knew, Miko?!"

"Guys please don't argue" Raf whimpered to his older friends.

They were about to reply but Optimus seemed to pick up on how Raf's current feelings. The Prime moved one of his arms but kept the other firmly wrapped around the sparklings and stroked the younger sparklings helm. The three hu-... Sparklings decided they had nothing else to say and just kept quiet as the mech currently carrying them headed towards his quarters where he and the sparklings would recharge.

As they reached the door Optimus was about to grab the handle to open the door but halted his actions when he saw the Cybertronian sparkling version of Miko trying to grab the handle herself.

"Miko, what are you trying to do?" The elder cybertronian cooed.

"Yeah, Miko. What are you trying to do?" Raf asked as he and Jack looked at her with puzzled expression.

"When will I ever get to open an alien robot sized door?" Miko grinned.

"Uh you're forgetting something..." Jack rolled his eyes... Optics.

"What?" The femmling asked as she still reached for the door handle.

"You are an alien robot!" Jack squealed at her angrily.

Optimus watched as Jack shouted at Miko in sparkling chirp. If only he could understand what they were saying...

He then watched as Miko stopped reaching and turned to Jack.

"I know that already. That's why I'm having a go at opening the door, genius!" She shouted back.

"Pfft at least I am a genius..."

"And what exactly are you trying to say?" She asked, her optics flashing.

Optimus decided that he would just go ahead and open the door. He stepped inside and shut the door behind him. The poor mech thought he could go sit down. Aha, no.

"You can just be so stupid at times!" Jack snapped.

"That's it!" Miko growled as she pounced on him, "You think you're so damn amazing! News flash, you're not!"

"I don't think I'm amazing, I just think logically!" he shouted as he batted at Miko who was batting back at him.

All of a suddenly the two trouble makers began laughing.

"Why do I find this so funny?!" Jack cried out with tears of laughter as Miko slapped him lazily, losing her focus from laughing.

"Dude, I don't know but it's just too funny!" Miko almost lubricated herself.

Optimus was almost shaken out of his armour when he felt he sparklings begin to wrestle. He thought maybe they were play fighting but when he looked down he saw Miko and Jack head on fighting yet laughing he wore a confused expression. However when he saw Raf whimpering and trying to snuggle into his armour he realised they were scarring the younger sparkling.

"No, sparklings. You don't fight" Optimus scolded gently.

When they paid him no attention he put Raf down on his berth and pulled the naughty sparklings apart. When they realised they were no longer tangled with each other they looked up at the mech who was holding them by their scruff bars, whined and began wriggling.