Exploring Deceptidads

It was a quiet evening at the Autobot base. Raf was being entertained by Arcee who was bouncing him around and making him giggle slightly. The poor little dude had felt the pain of his friends being taken by the Decepticons. He also didn't like the thought of going through this robot baby thing alone.

"Oh, now I'm gonna have to go through changing by myself," Raf groaned to himself.

"Aw c'mon, Raf, don't start crying on me now," Arcee smiled in response to his little sad sparkling babble.

Ratchet was stood at the computer terminal with a buzzing Bumblebee tapping on his shoulders ever few seconds. The poor medic had been dealing with this for a few minutes now, and all though he could understand the scout's behaviour, Ratchet did want to be left alone to find the Nemesis' coordinates.

"Bumblebee, I know, I'm looking and I have been doing since they've been taken from us. But leaning over my shoulders isn't going to do anything," Ratchet sighed.

Bumblebee slumped, his wings dropping from there usually high perch to being completely pressed against his back as his head dipped in despair.

"I'm sorry, Ratch. I'm just really worried about Jack and Miko..."

A comforting hand was placed on the scout's shoulder, and said scout looked up to see Optimus with a sympathetic look on his face.

"As are all of us, Bumblebee. But right now it would be more fruitful to leave Ratchet to find the Nemesis whilst the rest of us patrol for any sign of Decepticon activity," and with that, Optimus transformed and began to drive from the base to begin another patrol.

"I think Optimus is feeling it more than we are," Bumblebee looked at Ratchet as the medic shook his head sadly.

"I don't blame him."

The Decepticons had been looking after the sparklings for a couple of days now, and in that time they had dedicated a room to the young ones and any activities that might be educational or fun. Breakdown had requested the room in the first place and Megatron had given him a raised eyebrow before agreeing that it would be beneficial to the new adoptive sires and the sparklings.

After being given the go ahead, Breakdown had essentially been invading Knock Out's space in the medbay so that he could use tools, scrap metal and other materials to fashion some sparkling toys. The big lug had made more than enough toys for just the two sparklings that they were catering for, but he rather enjoyed spoiling these sparklings. After all, one of them was the now adoptive son of his best friend and he didn't particularly mind Starscream either, but of course he loved the seeker's adopted seerkerling.

He was beginning to think of Onyx and Ryker as his own little adopted twins even though he wasn't put in charge of them. He still believed that he could be fully active in raising them alongside Knock Out and Starscream.

After he had constructed the toys, he ended up going through storage to find some cybertronian covers and blankets and managed to salvage a store on Earth and steal a ridiculous amount of soft things for Onyx and Ryker to rest on and bury themselves into.

And after a day of preparing, what was once just an unused room was now a nursery for the two sparklings on the Nemesis. The room was lit up by the many floor-to-ceiling windows that had the tint removed from them so that the sparklings could soak up the positive effects of natural light. Breakdown also thought that Onyx and Ryker would enjoy looking at the sky which was another benefit to these huge, clear windows. The once dark walls were now a light bluish grey and all of the computer consoles had been removed from the room. The only surfaces that existed were the changing tables, storage cupboards and a table that they would teach the little ones to draw on. The floor had been replaced with a different cybertronian element that felt softer, especially to the sensitive plating of the tiny sparklings that would be crawling around on it. Toys had been placed all around the room apart from one corner that had a baby fence and gate around it which was filled with the cushions, pillows and blankets.