Discoveries

Optimus's face scrunched up slightly as the feeling of two little hands lightly tapping his face plates reached him. He opened his optics slightly to the point it was unnoticeable and saw Miko staring at him with her beautiful, bright golden optics. He smiled slightly when the tiny sparkling began babbling wordlessly and continued to pat his face.

Footsteps were soon heard along with the yawning of another sparkling and the sound of suckling from another.

"No, little one, leave Optimus to recharge" Ratchet cooed as he placed Raf and Jack, who had woken up earlier, onto a place on the counter that he had deemed safe.

Miko whined as she was pulled off of Optimus' chest. She was quite gutted, she had wanted him to rub her back. It was feeling rather strange. However, now that Miko had been taken from his arms Optimus could see no reason why he couldn't have another minute of recharge...

Ratchet now had all three sparkling's suckling on their bottles of warm energon as he changed them quickly and managed to hush them as they cried. He really was talented, he would have to teach Optimus a few things. One thing that seemed to bother Ratchet was how Miko had constantly been rubbing her back against the surface and trying her hardest to scratch it when she could, he had ended up scratching her back for her to calm her down.

Once finished with scratching, feeding and changing, Ratchet had taken the three little sparklings into the main area where Bulkhead, Bumblebee and Arcee would keep an eye on them. The three bots were currently watching the sparklings as they wriggled around in their play pen that Ratchet had quickly put together so that they were able to place the sparklings somewhere safe. They had yet to put any toys in as they didn't have any in storage and Ratchet was preoccupied and couldn't make some. However the play pen was filled with soft blankets and cushions that the sparklings had decided were quite nice to hide in.

"Okay guys what are we gonna do?" Arcee cooed as she picked up Jack and cradled him against her chest.

"Uh... That's a good question, what do we do? Bee...?"

/Hey, just because I'm the youngest doesn't mean that I know all the sparkling stuff!/

"I suppose we could play lobbing?"

"Bulkhead are you out of your fragging mind?! It could kill them!" Arcee snapped.

"Yeah... Uh, I dunno what we could do but we need to think of something now or Miko is gonna slice her back open" Bulkhead said as he picked up the femling.

Even after Bulkhead had picked her up she merely whined at him and began trying to scrape her back against his armour. The three seemed to notice Miko's distress as she had been going at her back all morning.

"Ratchet?" Bulkhead called as he walked in the direction of the medbay.

"What?" Ratchet sighed as he turned from a device he had been tweaking.

"Miko won't stop clawing at her back. I've tried to distract her with toys, games, the TV..." He listed, "But she won't stop messing with her back. She's gonna end up slicing it open if she carries on the way she is"

"Yes I noticed this morning that her back is irritating her. Give her here"

Miko wriggled as she was passed from one mech to another, her back was starting to feel really sensitive. She whined and pushed at Ratchet's chest, she wanted to be placed back on the floor and she wanted it now.

"Why don't you go and help with Raf and Jack. I'll take care of Miko from here"

Bulkhead looked unsure before he decided that no harm would come to Miko when she was in Ratchet's care. He nodded and went back out into the main room.