Chapter Four

We just arrived at the hospital and I literally ran through the double doors the minute we entered the gates. How was mam ill. She was okay yesterday. When I got there I saw Lily and Nan by the hallway. And by the looks on their faces I can tell it's really serious. I walked through mam's closed door. I stopped when I saw mam and I was having second thoughts if I entered the right room cause the woman who's lying on the bed looks nothing like my mam. The woman look swolen. Her skin is already in a shade of yellow and has a mask covering her nose and mouth but when I look closer and studied her, I saw the tattoo on her hand making me gasp. I look over to mam again and I really can't take seeing her that way so I ran out of the room going somewhere else but here.

-------------------------------------------------

Carson's P.O.V.

I hate this place. White walls, white doors, beeping sounds. I hate them all. But I put them out for mam. She needs me. The girls have been crying throughout the journey and to be honest, It was quite annoying me. When we arrived a the hospital, we saw the paps already crowding the entrance so we just entered the back door. Lily told me exactly where they are so we know where we're going. And as soon as we got there Sophia and Bella ran to nan hugging her and asking her where mam is. I walked up to Lily.

"Is it serious?" I whispered and shr looked at me sadly nodding. I stood there tears starting to come out.

"C-can I see her" She nodded and I go in to her room closing the door behind me. When I saw her I let out a gasp. This isn't my mam. How did it come to this. I walked closer to her and sat on the chair beside her bed and gently held her hand.

"Mam..." I whispered but she didn't respond. Maybe she's sleeping. "Mam, please fight this through." I broke down crying. " Please don't give up, please... For us" I said as I wiped my tears but it's no use cause new ones are coming out. "I already lose my sister... I can't loose you too" I whispered. It feels like her life is already hanging on the line. I let go of her hand and planted a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"I'll be back, I promise" I whispered. I walked towards the door and walked out. They all looked at me. The girls are already here talking to Sophia and Bella. I checked my phone to check the time. It's already 8 in the evening. I was about to turn off my phone when something caught my eye. I looked at the date. It's Carter's birthday. Oh God, I can't believe I forgot. I put back my phone in my pocket. I walked towards Aunt Diney.

"Aunt Nadine do you have a tissue?" She nodded looking at me confused before rumaging in her bag and finally gave me one. I took it and sat beside her. Sophia and Bella walked towards me as I make a flower out of the tissue.

"Carson, what are you doing" Bella asked. I finished the flower before facing them.

"It's big sister's birthday." I sighed. I can tell all of them forgot cause they let out a gasp. So I am the only one who knows. I'm glad I remembered.

"Are you going to her?" Sophia asked and I nodded.

"Can we go with you?" Bella asked. I look at the girls and saw them with worried eyes. I sigh and stayed silent for a while thinking what to do.

"We promise to behave" Sophia said as she raised her right hand and Bella copying her making me smile. I look at the girls once again.

"I think it's time" I said as I stood up and held their hand. We walked through the hallways and went for the back door but I noticed flashes outside. They're everywhere. I crouched down and faced the two girls.

"Okay, whatever happens don't look up yea?" They looked at each other and nodded. I carried them both and walked out of the door. Flashes and questions being fired to us. I hold the girls close to me and they hold on to me tighter as we walked through the crowd with security guards surrounding us. We got in the car safely and I instantly drove off to the cemetary. The girls were talking about Carter throughout the drive and I felt a lump on my throat cause any minute now they will know the truth.

"Are we there yet?" Sophia asked smiling as I pulled up to the cemetary. I faced both of them and they had a confuse look in their faces. I took the flower that I made earlier and got out of the car.

"Come on" I said as I openes their door. They giggled and I help them got out of the car. I held their hands as we walked to Carter's grave. As we got closer, I felt someone tugging my shirt. Bella was looking at me scared so I carried her. Sophia keep asking if we're there yet. We stopped at her grave and I crouched down and placed the flower on the marble.

"Hi baby sis, Happy Birthday." I whispered and the girls we're looking at me confuse.

"Carson, who are you talking to?" Sophia asked. I sighed and face them.

"I-I want you to meet your sister" I said as I show them Carter's name written on the marble. They looked at it. And I don't know what they're thinking.

"I'm sorry" I whispered as I watch them sit down. Bella is having a hard time cause she doesn't know what was happening but Sophia has tears in her eyes and she looked at me.

"She's dead" She whispered. I pulled her and sit her on my lap. She cried on my chest while Bella is watching us wih confusion.

"I'm really sorry" I whispered as I planted a kiss on her forehead. Bella walked closer to us and sat infront of me looking at Sophia. I smiled at her.

"I want mammy" Sophia cried. A lump formed in my throat. I don't want to tell them mam's seriously ill. They had enough drama for the day.

"Mammy's busy. We'll see her tomorrow yea?" She nodded. She pulled away from me wiping her tears.

"Can I talk to her?" She said pointing Carter's grave while Bella was reaching out for me to take her. I nodded as I pulled Bella and sit her on my lap.

"Hi, big sister. It's me Sophia, I'm your little sister. Even though I haven't met you, I know that you're nice and you love us and I know that you're an angel now with God." she wiped her tears. " I have one wish. Please let mammy be fine. I promise that Bella and me we'll be more kind and nice." I smiled at her. " I love you big sister" She smiled and stood up rubbing her eyes. She walked closer to us. I looked at Bella and saw that she's already asleep.

"Are you sleepy?" I asked Sophia and she nodded. I stood up carrying Bella.

"Bye baby sis. Happy Birthday again" I said. I held Sophia's hand and walked away.

-------------------------------------------------

Carter's P.O.V.

I watched them walk away from a distance in case Sophia will see me. I'm glad they took it well but I was sad cause mam is seriously ill on the day of my birthday. When Carson and the girls were out of sight, I walked towards my grave and sat on top of it. I took the flower and held it to my chest and prayed.

"Oh, God please, please let mam pull through this, please."